How to remove multisite?

I found an old post here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/uninstall-or-disable-wpmu

But there are some questions I have.
The site we are removing from only have 1 blog so shouldn't be an issue with that atleast.

First, in the article that was linked to. Step two is:
2. Set the constant WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE to FALSE or delete the definition.

But I was unable to find this entry in my wp-config file. Is it because that entry is no longer needed and that is the reason I had left it out. So can I just skip that step?

These are the lines I found that I think are the ones connected to multisite:

define( 'MULTISITE', true );
define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false );
$base = '/';
define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'www.lchf.biz' );
define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );

I should just remove all of them correct?

Also I don't really understand what to do with the htaccess file. Should I just delete all the lines in it or the file itself?

Step 5 says:
Now recreate the permalinks and add the necessary lines to .htaccess (wp-admin/options-permalink.php)

Recreate permalinks? I have changed the permalinks to be dates and names (one of the options you can choose) Do I have to do something then?

And what necessary lines are they talking about adding to the htaccess file?

Also I do want to be able to have multisite sometime in the future if I so desire. So I don't want to permanently remove the option to have MU. Should I leave the database tables there or should I delete them?

Please answer to these questions first and then I'll see if I require further assistance :slight_smile:

Thanks
/Robert