How to remove or hide "this is a child theme of Upfront" in the user's admin panel?

Hello Admin,

How to remove or hide "this is a child theme of Upfront" in the user's admin panel?
On the SUPER ADMIN PANEL the " This is a child theme Divi" already gone.

And i don't know what to code, or how to code this in order to remove on the user's admin panel.

Please help. Thanks a lot.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, David!

Are you having this issue with Upfront as well as Divi? You mention Upfront in the question, but your screenshot is only showing Divi, just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

That's an info message that lets users know they need a parent theme installed in order to use the selected theme, which can be handy information. If you're trying to hide the use of Divi from your users, then we're going to need to use a little admin-side CSS to hide this alert message.

This would be simpler if I could take a look at your admin area, so I know exactly which element to target with CSS. I don't have Divi, so I'm not able to set this up on my sandbox site. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• David
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for immediate respond once again.
    Actually Jude one of your good staff like you already removed that same concern on my super admin panel.

Although he did not informed me yet, but i have noticed that the " This is a child theme Divi",
    was already gone.

This concern is not only related with the Divi-child, even to all the rest of the child themes like UPFRONT, SCRIBE, SPIRIT, FIXER and more...the word always displayed...... " This is a child theme Divi"

I already open the GRANT ACCESS. Please take a look in order to investigate, and please hope this ...." This is a child theme Divi" will remove to all the said child themes UPFRONT, SCRIBE, SPIRIT, FIXER and incoming child themes to my user's admin panel.

Thanks again for this time.

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @David,

Sorry for the late response but the admin access expired. I've tested this on my installation and I've managed to remove the child theme text with the following CSS and using Ultimate Branding and Custom Admin CSS module. This is what I've added:

.theme-overlay .parent-theme {
      display: none;
    }

Please let me know if this helps :slight_smile: If it doesn't work please provide admin access so I can take a look.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• David
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Bojan,

Access granted.
    I tried to add the code you have given, but the word "this is a chil theme of..." still exist on the user's admin pane.

Above image is the exact screenshot of the user's admin panel using the "easy blogging" plugin.

Thanks and hope this will resolve. thanks a lot.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.