How to remove padding from one widget without affecting all others

I've set up custom sidebars pro and have kinda figured it out, but have an issue with inserting a slider to appear in different sidebars. I can style a widget and remove it's padding by locating its id using firebug, but as soon as I change the position of the widget, I lose the styling - I know there will be a simple way to do this, and I'm fairly sure you guys will be able to tell me how... (please)

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kieth,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Do you have a link to a live site where we can take a look at this on? The ID, classes, will likely be different on your site versus my own.

What do you mean by change the position of the widget? If you're applying the style to the widget itself, ie. the slider then it should follow it wherever it goes; however, if you're applying the styles to the widget area, then moving a widget to a different area it will no longer affect it anymore.

Is it a text widget you're using? text widgets all have their own unique ID's so you can style each one individually and long as you use that exact same text widget then it should follow it to other places around your site long as you aren't including any widget area specific classes in there.

Hopefully this makes sense. If you have a live site similar to your setup, I notice your site is localhost right now, then we can take a look at the code and find elements to target that will work with your needs :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.