How to remove queued newsletters from CRON

Hi!

I had a semi-successful first newsletter sending event yesterday. The dashboard still shows that 896 letters are waiting to be sent via CRON (disabled). How do I cancel this cron? I switched from php mailer to smtp and want to resend the newsletter to people who did not get it. However right now when I press send, it says that everyone has already got that newsletter.

Screenshot with statistics: http://i.imgur.com/H1r9kx4.png

• Maija
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ooh, such a nice plugin.

I don’t see any newsletters related cron in the list though :slight_frown:

EDIT: Nevermind, once I enabled CRON in e-newsletter settings, it showed up. Now I just press Run Now 10 times and all the emails got on their way.

Thank you!

• Koji
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

HI!

This is useful topic.

But I can't solve it.

@maija said

"once I enabled CRON in e-newsletter settings, "

So I did it. But cron job was not shown..

Please show the attached capture.

mail-ID7 was created 19.12.And cron was set 19:20.

But, 19:20 was not shown anywhere.

So I installed crontrol plugin.

But that's only show me at a certain interval job of eNewsletter.

It was not shown the time "19:20" either.

So I saw Database table called "wp_enewsletter_send_members" and "status" column. Then, I could see the time 19:20.

Maybe,,eNewsletter plugin cron job use the "status" column and do the batch job at a certain interval. Is this right?

And If you can do, I will want you to display the cronjob time in wp-admin page .

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @koji,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

In e-newsletter > newsletter, if you click send, then you can choose the groups you want to send it to.

You can click send in background by cron (screenshot attached). And if you click on the edit button next to that you can choose the time to start the cron sending.

You can also when clicking to send by cron, untick the box, so that all members receive the newsletter still, even if they have already received it.

Once sent, you will then see in the list it has send by cron (waiting).

Or you can use the send now option :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Koji

Hello @jack,

Thank you for your kindly answer.

In e-newsletter > newsletter, if you click send, then you can choose the groups you want to send it to.

Yes,Actually, I know that..

My question was simple.

"Where can I see the time when newsletter will be send?"

I attached 5 captures.This was my process.

1st.png : I set 13:20.

2nd.png : I clicked "Send in background (by CRON)"

3rd.png : I saw "Start Date" is 12:56(It was clicked time).

4thCronlist.png : So,I saw Cron list.But I couldn't find "13:20".

5thReport.png : So,I saw "Reports" menu of newsletter,But I saw 12:56 only.I couldn't find "13:20" either.

Where Can I see 13:20?

Thanks.

Koji.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Koji,

Thanks for posting back.

If you look at your last screenshot, the cron which you have highlighted is not related to e-Newsletter but wp theme update check.

Seems like according to your settings, its running every 2 minutes and if its not sending the newsletter with the next run, it means that either its sent that to all the members in queue, or your host is blocking the emails from being sent out.

Can you kindly check that please.

Cheers, PC

• Koji

Hello!PC,

Thank you.

OK,I see.

1.Once I set the cron(13:20), I can’t check the sending time(13:20) again anywhere.

2.But e-Newsletter’s cronjob is running every 2minutes (in my setting)

3.So,the newsletter will be send correctly.

If you can do,I hope you to improve next version to show me real sending time(13:20) at e-Newsletter’s “Reports” menu.

If you do so, It’s more easy to know when the mail will be send and to delete the mail before sending.

Maybe, you know,13:20 is in DB,called “wp_enewsletter_send_members” table’s “status” column.

Thank you for reply!

Koji.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

If you can do,I hope you to improve next version to show me real sending time(13:20) at e-Newsletter’s “Reports” menu.

If you do so, It’s more easy to know when the mail will be send and to delete the mail before sending.

Maybe, you know,13:20 is in DB,called “wp_enewsletter_send_members” table’s “status” column.

Thanks for posting back.

I have sent your feedback to our lead developer @maniu so that we can improve things and if possible include a “up next in cron” type of view in eNewsletter plugin.

Cheers, PC

• Loren
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am having the same trouble using WP 4.1 & E-Newsletter 2.7.1.0. I’ve installed WP Crontrol and have been deleting the wpmudev_scheduled_jobs event via that plug-in. Every now and then 50 or so email are deleted from the eNewsletter > Reports screen (Statistics for current members:, CRON enabled column). I’ve got several thousand to remove so this is going to take forever. Do you have any other tips for me on how to get this done? Thank you!

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hello,

@loren

I have released new version that lets you remove from cron lists. You can always clone newsletter and delete old one to start fresh.

@kinjus

First, start by deactivating and activating eNewsletter. If it does not help, please start new topics for your issues with as much description as possible. This seems to not be related to problem in this topic.

Thanks,

Maniu

• Loren
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you @maniu:

CRON has cleared except for 62 (Newsletter dashboard > Stats for current members > CROM (enabled) column). I’ve gone to a few past newsletters and clicked remove from CRON. That results in removing 1 from the total. Am I going to have to go to each of all the past newsletters doing this in order to zero out that number mentioned above? Crontrol seemed to work cleaning up the CRON but has had no effect on this small remainder.

Thank you! Happy New Year.

Loren

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.