How to remove the comments section from specific pages

It seems that this theme has comments sections on every page. I do not want comments on every page; just the ones I choose. How can I set this up? For example, in a "Registration" page it makes no sense to have a comments section. I also see comments section on the "Contact" page. Again, this makes no sense. How can I selectively choose which pages the comments section will appear on?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @rickgn

Looks like @tom.eagles was faster than me on this one :wink:

I do not want comments on every page; just the ones I choose

Currently as you have already got the pages setup, you can do the below to get rid of the comments on the ones you do not want them to appear.

Go to Pages >> All Pages

Select all >> Bulk Actions >> Select Edit and Apply

On the next screen Comments >> Do not allow and Update

Once that is done, comments would be disabled on all the pages. You can then follow the same process by selecting the pages on which you want the comments to be shown and allow comments on those pages in the bulk edit and you would be good to go.

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC

• rickgn
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

That is the strangest UI that I have seen for performing an action which I feel should be fairly common. I doubt I would have figured this out without your help. Your help is much appreciated. It seems to be doing what it should now. I even found other options on the same menu.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

That is the strangest UI that I have seen for performing an action which I feel should be fairly common. I doubt I would have figured this out without your help.

I did not know it until @PC taught it to me too!
    I was deleting the entire comment function from my themes, no one could have left a comment even if i wanted them too!

Thanks PC Your Awesome!!!! What Snap Shot software are you using, Nice and clean :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@rickgn : Thanks :slight_smile: I am glad I could help. This is the bulk edit feature of WP and it really comes handy when you get used to it :slight_smile:

I was deleting the entire comment function from my themes, no one could have left a comment even if i wanted them too!

There was a time, even I used to do that but WP is getting smarter day by day :wink:

Talk about Screenshots, @Kimberly is the best person I know. I remember the x.com tutorial. Only she can do that :slight_smile:

BTW : I see that your Lifetime Trophies just increased from 1 to 5 :wink: Niceee !

Cheers
    PC

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@PC

BTW : I see that your Lifetime Trophies just increased from 1 to 5 :wink: Niceee !

After i jacked timothy for his, decided every time i top someone off for a life time member i will add their trophy to my collection.

Aristath, James, Arnold, Paul, I already made the one for @Dean Kaus, just waiting for him to get a little closer, and to let Aristath enjoy his moment! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.