How to Remove the word "WordPress" from the browser title bar

Hi,
as you know when a user is logged in under wpmu admin panel, at the browser title bar, right next to the blog title, there is a word WordPress.

I would like to remove this word "WordPress".

thanks,
Jamshid

• realsol
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

here is a mu-plugin I am using...

<?php
    /*
    * Plugin Name: WPMU Blog Defaults
    * Plugin URI: http://paidtoblog.com
    * Description: Change the default options for WPMU and new blogs automagically
    * Version: 1.0.2
    * Author URI: MrBrian
    */

//------------------------------------------------------------------------//
    //---Remove permalinks from menu------------------------------------------//
    function remove_permalinks_menu_item()
    {
    global $submenu;
    if(!is_site_admin()) $submenu['options-general.php'][35] = '';
    }
    add_action( 'admin_menu', 'remove_permalinks_menu_item' );

//---Change the permalink structure and default blogroll------------------//

function change_newblog_defaults( $blog_id, $user_id )
    {
    global $wpdb, $current_site, $wp_rewrite;
    //--change permalink structure
    switch_to_blog($blog_id);
    $permalink_structure = '/%category%/%postname%/';
    $wp_rewrite->set_permalink_structure($permalink_structure);
    $wp_rewrite->flush_rules();
    $wpdb->query( "UPDATE {$wpdb->terms} SET name = 'Articles', slug = 'articles' WHERE term_id = 1" );
    //--end

//--change default blogroll
    $wpdb->query( "DELETE FROM {$wpdb->links} WHERE link_id = 1" );
    $wpdb->query( "DELETE FROM {$wpdb->links}WHERE link_id = 2" );
    $wpdb->query( "INSERT INTO {$wpdb->links} (link_url, link_name, link_category, link_owner, link_rss) VALUES ('http://" . $current_site->domain . $current_site->path . "', '" . $current_site->domain . "', 1356, '$user_id', 'http://" . $current_site->domain . $current_site->path . "feed/')" );
    //--end
    restore_current_blog();
    }
    add_action( 'wpmu_new_blog', 'change_newblog_defaults', 10, 2 );

//---Modify the From and email used when sending emails from WPMU---------//

function change_wp_mail_from($from_email)
    {
    return $from_email; //return whatever you want as email, i just like it as default.
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_mail_from', 'change_wp_mail_from' );

function change_wp_mail_from_name($from_name)
    {
    global $current_site;
    return $current_site->domain;
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_mail_from_name', 'change_wp_mail_from_name' );

//---Change The Help and Forum links at very top of WPMU backend---------//

function change_header_navigation($header_nav)
    {
    global $current_site;
    $header_nav = ' | domain . $current_site->path . 'support/">Help' . ' | ' . 'domain . $current_site->path . 'forums/">Forums';
    return $header_nav;
    }
    add_filter('admin_header_navigation', 'change_header_navigation');

//---Change default widgets------------------------------------------//
    /* This activates the given widgets in sidebar-1 and -2. You need to know the internal names of the widgets.
    function change_blog_widgets() {

add_option("sidebars_widgets",
    array("sidebar-1" => array("tag_cloud"),
    "sidebar-2" => array("archives", "links")));

}
    add_action("populate_options", "change_blog_widgets"); */
    ?>

works great for me.

Works great for me.

• Jamshid
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am getting the following error when trying to activate the plugin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /domain.com/wp-content/plugins/blog-defaults.php on line 68

can you please help me with this?

thanks

• realsol
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sorry, looks like when I posted the plugin, some of the code got stripped. Anyhow, I misunderstood the question. Sorry. Never noticed the 'Wordpress' on the title bar. I too will look at the admin-header.php.

Thanks luke.

• Luke
    • The Crimson Coder

You're welcome. There's still some "hard coded" things in WordPress that can be annoying, even more so in a multi-user environment.

Some could care less, some would rather brand it as their own.
    While "technically" you could fix it with a plugin, the overhead for 9 little characters just doesn't make good sense at all.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Andrew, what's your policy on sig links like that? Have to admit that I'm against them but I'll let you make the call.

Most sites I manage/ host/ help out with/ help out at/ pay attention to/ etc only allow sigs and sig links where the software actually puts them in and/or supports sigs. A couple allow manual ones but those are few and very far between.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It's not even wrapped in php so you can;t filter it or translate it either.

Any hack that that, we make a note of it, where within the code you did it, and what it affected on our wiki. Helps to keep track of stuff like that.

edit: I forgot to mention that Edublogs has theirs changed. Maybe James or Andrew can poke in on Monday and let us know what they did.

• coreymj78
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sorry to necro-post, but for those of you searching for how to do this and who find this thread, this is a simple function in your theme functions.php file:

add_filter('admin_title', 'my_admin_title', 10, 2);

function my_admin_title($admin_title, $title)
    {
        return get_bloginfo('name').' &bull; '.$title;
    }

This also replaces the ">" with a bullet. Looks nicer.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.