How to replace W on topbar on both ends?

I notice that the W favicon on the site topbar is not replaced with the icon I upload when active on the site. It is only replaced when a person is in the control panel backend. How can I replace the W in the topbar on both ends?

• pianoman
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I think I know what you're talking about. If I miss it let us know.

If a user is logged in and on a regular page of your site and the dashboard is configured to show when a user is logged in, the default "W" logo is showing rather than the custom one you uploaded.

I view this as a bug but we will need to hear from support.

The workaround is to change some code in your theme (or produce a child theme with the changed code).

An example of this change can be found at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-change-dashboard-logo

Hope this helps!

• overachiever
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey PC, I removed the W wordpress menu altogether, I found that I didn't need it to be present for all the users. But if you want to know more about the problem I was facing, it was that the W on the topbar continued to show on the website rather than the image/logo I would want to replace it. My image would replace the W in the backend, but in the front end the W would remain.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya,

Thanks for posting back.

It works like, you can remove a W logo all together and you can add your own image if you want. But Image and logo work separately with different menus

Custom image is added to your custom menu and the W image is different.

Some times it's a caching issue. I tried but could not replicate it hence I will mark this as resolved.

However, if the problem occurs again, please pop me a screenshot of the settings and the issue and I will try and replicate it again :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.