how to resend smush notification email

I ran a bulk smush on my media gallery and the system said it was successful but the notificaiton email never arrived to the admin address - I have changed the admin address for testing but can't see how to re-smush or re-send the email notificaiton.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @oncourssadmin,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Once the images are smushed there's no need to smush them again. However, I believe that the main issue here is that you didn't get your e-mail.

As you may have already noticed, the WP Smush Pro plugin doesn't process images in background, meaning that for the "smushing time" you need to keep the WP Smush Pro page open. Therefore you can see the progress and you're informed "on screen" of the smushing completion.

I took a look at plugins code and couldn't find any mail-related parts but it is possible that I'm missing something here.

That being said. Could you please confirm that other messages from your WordPress install are being delivered successfully? Please advise!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @oncourssadmin!

Thanks for the information. The "smushing" process is being run in a real time and it happens while you keep the "Media -> WP Smush" page open. Therefore you're being informed about progress "on the fly". Once you leave the page, no "smushing" is going on until you open the page again.

This also means that you do not need to fetch anything back to the server as this is done automatically. If you have checked the "Auto-Smush images on upload" option, the entire process runs in background and you don't even need to look at "Media -> WP Smush" page.

However, I've already asked the plugin developer about the notifications and I'm sure he'll get back to me as soon as he gets back online so I could confirm it or give you further explanation and/or solution.

Please keep an eye on this thread!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @oncourssadmin!

I just got a message from the plugin developer and he confirms what I said. The WP Smush Pro doesn't send any notifications anymore because smushing process is being run only while you're keeping the "Media" -> "WP Smush PRO" page open in your browser. Therefore you're seeing the progress in real time.

I hope that helps and I'm also forwarding this to our writers so they could adjust plugin's description.

Kind regards,
    Adam