how to reset protected content plugin

I have setup protected content and its not working the way I want it to like on my other site. I think I set it up differently with the wizard after I activated it. on my other site there is a activate the wizard button and on this site its not there.
So I wanted to reset everything and start fresh. I deleted the plugin and it said delete all files I said yes and the settings came back so now I would like to know how to reset the plugin from scratch.

• Tyler Postle

Hey there HamRadioDude,

Hope you're doing well today! You will need to remove the Protected Content database tables too if you want a completely fresh installation.

They start with "wp_m_" assuming that your database prefix is "wp_".

***Make sure you do a database backup before doing anything in the database.

The wp_options is where the settings will be.

Let us know if you still need any further assistance here :slight_smile:

Adminer is a cool plugin for accessing your database straight from the dashboard.

You can use Snapshot for doing a backup first too.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mitch,

Thanks for the quick reply!

and as far a deleting from wp_options. I don't think thats a smart move.

Yes, removing any database tables can be risky, important to always do a backup first. Unfortunately, when plugins are removed, it removes their files from the server but not settings from the database. I agree that a setting to do this would be a good idea though! I'll pass that onto the developer :slight_smile: right now the only way is through the database.

With that said, perhaps I could help you fix the setup you have? If you haven't already started from scratch. Just let me know!

As for the activate setup button, I totally agree that should still be there - flagging our developer on that.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Jack Kitterhing

Hiya @HamRadioDude,

Hope you're well today, just to let you for Protected content, if you go to protect content > settings, then on the admin url, add &reset=true, you'll get a prompt to confirm you want to delete all settings, confirm and Protected content will be reset and all Protected content data wiped.

Please use with caution though, as the data can not be recovered.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.