How to see HTML/text editor in CoursePress' Unit Builder

I'm trying to embed videos via an embed code for EVS. How can switch from visual to text in the Unit Builder?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @micahguller,

There is no HTML/text editor in the unit builder.

You should use the video option instead.

You then simply just add the URL to the video.

If you post the embed code, I should hopefully be able to tell you how to get the URL from it.

Hope this helps

• micahguller
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the quick reply Vaughan. I doubt it'll be possible, but here's the embed code. Either way, no worries. Site is being hosted on AWS, so where I'd normally not upload the video file straight into WP, in this case, it doesn't matter as either way it Amazon that's serving up the file.

Thanks!

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://benbressington.com/evs/player/SW50cm9NTUpfTDFfSGlzdG9yeSBzOS1zMjIubXA0/?responsive=1&autoResponsive=1&container=evp-AIHCVGEGFS"></script><div id="evp-AIHCVGEGFS" data-role="evp-video" data-evp-id="SW50cm9NTUpfTDFfSGlzdG9yeSBzOS1zMjIubXA0"></div>

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Ok I tried just with the source and you're correct, it doesn't display, or maybe it's not public.

I tried accessing http://benbressington.com/evs/player/SW50cm9NTUpfTDFfSGlzdG9yeSBzOS1zMjIubXA0

but get a page not found.

I know it works with vimeo, youtube etc. But I have no experience with S3 at all. Let me just ask one of the developers to see if he can come up with a solution using the embed code perhaps. Hopefully he should respond shortly.

Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi there,

Just wanted to update this thread that we have added HTML editor to the units builder in the latest version 1.2.3.9 of CoursePress Pro plugin as displayed in the attached screenshot which can be used to add HTML code in the content of Unit element.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Colin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

This is a bit ridiculous. I've asked about the HTML editor quite a few times now, and It's still not back in the release.

The reason it's ridiculous is that I paid for this service, then used Coursepress to create a course which INCLUDED HTML elements because the HTML editor was in the plugin at the time. And now I can't edit those elements. So, people have paid for MY course, and are now complaining because those elements are out of date. However, I can't edit them. I'm sure you can see that the act of removing the feature has the potential to cause a big problem for people who have used the tool to create paying courses for a business.

Can this be put up the priority list?

• Scott
    • Flash Drive

+1 for HTML editor.
    The standard WordPress WYSIWYG editor would be nice too. I'm used to dragging and dropping images into the editor to insert them. Every time I do it with CoursePress it just opens the image file in my browser so I lose any unsaved changes.
    New shortcuts in WP 4.3 are handy also, but they don't seem to be possible in CoursePress.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Colin, @Scott,

Just to give you both an update here, we have been working on bringing the HTML editor back into CoursePress Pro, and have been able to make progress on that front.

While I'm not able to offer an ETA on the return of this functionality, the present reports are encouraging. :slight_smile:

So we're listening, and we're keeping busy with this! :smiley:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.