How to see the effect of an update without caching

Hi

When I do a update in wordpress and use a cache plugin the update does not take effect until after a while.

I use wp super cache and one way is to see the new update is to use the DO NOT CACHE PAGE secret key or you could hit the preview button.

The DO NOT CACHE PAGE secret key is a bit complicated for my clients
The preview button is ok

Is there another easy way to bypass the cache when working with updates?

Kind regards Hubbe

• Rupok

Hi hubbe

Hope you had a wonderful day.

When I do a update in wordpress and use a cache plugin the update does not take effect until after a while

This is very normal. I hope you understand what caching really is, still I'm giving a brief. A web cache (or HTTP cache) is an information technology for the temporary storage (caching) of web documents, such as HTML pages and images, to reduce bandwidth usage, server load, and perceived lag. For example, you have "This line" on a page. Caching is storing the currently rendered version of this page for a while so next time anyone request for this page, server doesn't have to dynamically process all functions and generate this page, rather directly serve the stored version.

As a result, when you update something, server serves the cached version of that page, and until the cache is expired, your updates are not visible. The only way to see the changes live is disabling caching. Now different plugin has different options for this. Cloudflare CDN has "Developer Mode" option which temporarily disables caching.

Another way is working in an exact clone environment of your site. We call it "Staging Site". A staging site is an exact clone of the live site, we make our changes there, and when we are done, we just do the same thing in the live server.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.