How to Sell Photo downloads from Large Event

I've been searching for a good solution to see if there is an easier way. I have an event with approx. 400 photos I need to make available for sale by download. I know I can do this via Marketpress however it will take forever to enter all of the information. Is there a way to set up a gallery, load all of the photos and then automatically import all of the information into Marketpress? The price will be the same for all downloads and I expect that the average customer will select 3-7 photos for download on average. Is this possible with MP without having to create a product for each file? I sure hope so.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Dean,

Why not upload the photos on your server and use the importer tool of MarketPress to import all the photos as products? Each photo will be a different product and that will be created automatically.

You can find the MarketPress importer under Store Settings > Importers Tab > Import from CSV. A sample CSV is attached here and you can model your photos that way.

I hope this works for you. Let me know and good luck!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Arun would I need to create the csv file manually? What I'm trying to do is something like (i think it's photo bucket) does. Where you can upload the files and make them available for either a download or to order various print sizes.

I can do this with a couple of other online services however I have to pay additional fees and especially if I'm doing something for next to nothing so I can help promote a charity or something then it ends up costing me more money that I'd prefer actually goes to the charity or if for my own business then to my company.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Dean,

You would have to create the csv manually yes, you are not looking at a marketplace where others can do upload their photos, are you?

And No, you don't loose points for asking questions, lol. You loose points when you give other people rep points, its taken from your points and given to the other person.

Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.