How to sell software and also charge for recurring fee with MarketPress

I need to sell a software and charge 2 kinds of fees:

Fee 1. Initial cost that comes with 6 month subcription for the updates and support.
Fee 2. After 6 months, the user account automatically gets charged for update/support subcription fee until cancellation.

So the price table will look like this:

1. Plan #1
Buy now for $249, which covers 6 months subcription of services/support. After the first 6 months, auto renew for subcription every 6 months for $199. Cancel anytime.

2. Plan #2
Buy now for $199, which covers 6 months subcription of services/support. After the first 6 months, auto renew for subcription every 12 months (1 year) for $349. Cancel anytime.

Is there any way I can use MarketPress to achieve this? Maybe with combination of other plugins, such as membership? I need to have the customer to check out only once to pay for the initial cost and at the same time subscribe for one of the auto renew plans - kind of linking MaretPress and Membership functions together as a package.

Thanks and look forward to your suggestions :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings winning,

Is there any way I can use MarketPress to achieve this?

This particular function of recurring subscription is not available in the Market Press plugin though I think the Membership plugin is ideally suited for this.

One out of the box way of thinking, that one could use for recurring subscriptions, is to use the external link which is a link to PayPal Subscription and the return URL can give them the download page or file.
    In this case the Subscription button would be maintained and executed by PayPal and PayPal's back end for merchants.

Alternatively as you have hinted to, you could use Market Press for the front end and the external link leads to a Membership to process there payment and subscription which Membership plugin does natively.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.