How to separate multisite blog creators into 2 separate groups at signup

My multisite will hopefully have many websites/blogs but I need a method to separate them into two distinct groups at signup.

Is there a plugin that does this?

• joe
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi – the majority of website creators (group 1) will be looking for a service, and Group 2 website owners will join because they may be able to provide some of those services.

Group 1 will join for free, Group 2 will pay a small fee but not necessarily at sign up time.

I want to be able to separate those who want something from those that may be able to provide that something. Group 2 will also have a multiple choice of themes whereas Group 1 have a default applied (which they can of course customise)

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

sorry for the delay.

it sounds like our membership plugin may do what you want. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

you can have different membership types. so initially a free level. but also then add a paid level, which will give those users different access levels which you can define in the access level rules. you can also using advanced settings in membership, set a different user role for each membership level.

so paid members can be come editors or contributors, but free members can be just set as subscribers etc.

hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.