How to set a new page with custom page template

Hi,

I have created new custom post type name - Courses and also Created a template file single-courses.php through settings in custompress i have added some courses in this posts and upto this step everything is working fine but when i am trying to add new page name courses and selecting the Template - Courses for this page. Then it is now showing all the courses i have posted. Plz help if any one knows.

Jatinder

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Jatinder

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our community.

Would it be possible to post a link to the Courses page that you created and also screenshots of your settings in CustomPress. This will help me to investigate and give you guidance as to where the problem lies.

I look forward to receive your feedback.

Have a good weekend.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Jatinder

Thank you for the screenshot, but I am still not clear where the problem lies. Unfortunately I can't learn anything from the screenshot.

As mentioned in my previous post, please provide me with a link to the Courses page on your site and screenshots of your settings pages for CustomPress on the Admin Dashboard.

Once I have this I can try to assist further.

Thank you and look forward to receive your feedback.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Jatinder

Thank you for the link, but as I mentioned before:

... please provide ... screenshots of your settings pages for CustomPress on the Admin Dashboard

To explain what you need to have in place, please see screenshots of a custom post for movies that I created. Now in place of the name 'Movies' you would have 'Courses'. After creating the 'Courses' custom post type you need to go to the Admin Dashboard » Courses » Add New to add one course per post.

To display all the courses on one page you would just have to make a page called Courses (this is not the actual post type, but a page that will be on the menu) and list all the posts of Courses on it, with links to the individual Course posts that you created. So once you click on the link of each Course it will take you to the Course page that you created as directed above.

Please go through my screenshots and if you have any questions let me know.

Have a good weekend.

Gina

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jatinder,

Sorry for the delay in a reply on this ticket, it appears that it got eaten by the ticket system.

However, I am touching base with you to find out where we are with your reported issue and if it was resolved by any chance by the recent updates of the Custom Press plugin in which we are now at version 1.2.1.8?

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Jatinder

Hope you're well.

My colleague stepped in on this post as I was out of office for a while. Just checking in with you to see if you need any further assistance or if you got sorted. Please do not hesitate to be in touch if you need more assistance.

Have a great day!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Jatinder

Hope you're well.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. If you managed to solve the problem, I'm glad.

I will resolve this Community post, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a good day and all the best with setting up your site!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.