How to Set an Affiliate Program Registration Sign Up Page

Hello,
I'm asking on how I could set an Affiliate Program Registration Sign Up Page as I can only see the log in link and not sign up link on the affiliate page created (http://www.kinahi.com/affiliates/)

Thanks

• Ash

Hello @Fadhili

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

There is no default signup or registration page for affiliate. It uses the native wordpress' login/registration system. So, any user registered in your site, will get an affiliate profile. You can change the text and include the registration link in there, but before that please let me know if registration is enabled in Dashboard > Settings > General > Membership > checked the box for anyone can register.

Cheers
    Ash

• Fadhili

Hello,

Thanks for a quick reply.
    I have tried it as you can see here => http://www.kinahi.com/affiliates/
    However I would like to hide these words when someone has signed in

''Make money by refering people to us, join our affiliate, First register with our website here then a password will be emailed to you. If You are arleady a member with this site just sign in using a login link there below …''

Thanks

• Ash

Hello @Fadhili

Would you please add this text in following way:

<div class="aff_text">
    <p>Make money by refering people to us, join our affiliate, First register with our website here then a password will be emailed to you. If You are arleady a member with this site just sign in using a login link there below …</p>
    </div>

Then use the following code:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'hide_aff_text' );
    function hide_aff_text() {
    	?>
    	<style type="text/css">
    	.aff_text{display: none; !important}
    	</style>
    	<?php
    }

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Fadhili

Hello,
    Thanks for the tricky though that was not my intention, this has just removed the paragraph; ''Make money by refering people to us, join our affiliate, First register with our website here then a password will be emailed to you. If You are arleady a member with this site just sign in using a login link there below …''

Both to frontend and backend users something I could do just by editing the page rather than editing the theme. When you open that affiliate page a vistor has only one option that is to login, but there should an option to register too within the same page.

For example, a vistor is landing on the affiliate page and only sees ''You are not currently logged in. Please login to see your affiliate information.'' But where he/she could register?

I hope it could be better if the Affiliate page appears in this way;

''You are not currently logged in. Please login to see your affiliate information or register with our site here then log in using the password that will be sent to your email shortly after registration.''

Otherwise tell me where can I edit the paragraph ''''You are not currently logged in. Please login to see your affiliate information.'' in the plugin settings.

Thanks

• Ash

Hello @Fadhili

I hope you are well today.

Thanks for the tricky though that was not my intention, this has just removed the paragraph; ''Make money by refering people to us, join our affiliate, First register with our website here then a password will be emailed to you. If You are arleady a member with this site just sign in using a login link there below …''

Both to frontend and backend users something I could do just by editing the page rather than editing the theme.

Sorry, I missed something in my above code. Please replace the code in functions.php with the following:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'hide_aff_text' );
    function hide_aff_text() {
            if( is_user_logged_in() ) {
    	?>
    	<style type="text/css">
    	.aff_text{display: none; !important}
    	</style>
            }
    	<?php
    }

Now, the text will be removed when an user is signed in, and will be visible to the visitors.

Otherwise tell me where can I edit the paragraph ''''You are not currently logged in. Please login to see your affiliate information.'' in the plugin settings.

Please use the shortcode in the following way:

[affiliatelogincheck]You are not currently logged in. Please login to see your affiliate information or <a href="REGISTER_URL">register</a> with our site here then <a href="LOGIN_URL">log in</a> using the password that will be sent to your email shortly after registration.[/affiliatelogincheck]

You need to use your correct login and register URL in here.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @Fadhili

Please note that, affiliate plugin has nothing to do with payment, it tracks the record.

About the referrers, the plugin is compatible with Directory, Membership, Pro Sites and MarketPress. So, if you use either of these plugins and want to see the paid amount for their referral, then yes you need to enable the corresponding add on.

For example, if you use membership, and you want to pay your user to bring more members using membership plugin, then you will need to activate membership add on. Similarly, if you have a shop and use marketpress plugin, and you want to pay your members to sell your products using referral then you will need marketpress add on.

Cheers
    Ash