How to set default collation PMA localhost

Hi,
I wanted to create a snapshot and upload it into website and deploy quickly changes tested on localhost, but I have found that probably my hosting doesn't support utf8 latin1_swedish collation and there needs to be utf8mb4 and utf8mb4_unicode_ci (needed for WP), however - snapshot is made and installed and whole website is immediately down and DB is totally empty. Maybe you could check the correct collation before uploading a snapshot....?

And the second question is - how I change DEFAULT collation and charset in MySQL (localhost, easyphp, pma 4.1.4) - I have looked up everywhere but I haven't found it at all.

Thanks a lot
Karolina

• Rupok

Hi Karolina,

snapshot is made and installed and whole website is immediately down and DB is totally empty.

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Is it possible for you to change your localhost mysql db collation and then create a snapshot and upload again? I really do apologize for the trouble you had to go through. To know how you can change collation for your DB, please read below.

Maybe you could check the correct collation before uploading a snapshot....?

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I'm forwarding this to our developers and I believe, they will take this in consideration while developing our future releases.

how I change DEFAULT collation and charset in MySQL

If I understood your question correctly, then this article describes with screenshot regarding how you can change the DB collation from PHPMyAdmin: https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204403914/default-mysql-character-set-and-collation

Please let us know if I got your question wrong or if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.