How to set permalink structure globally?

I've seen this asked elsewhere in the forum but it was old and no one answered or resolved the issue.

I just want to set the permaliks for the whole network to /%postname%

Our WPMU installation is new so this will only be for all future sites and doesn't have to work retroactively.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@Zack

To do this you will ned to use our new blogs template plugin, there is an option (see screenshot) to copy all settngs from a template site to new sites, So basically the steps are

1)Create a site to be used as a template (permalinks etc etc setup plugins activated etc etc_
    2)install new blogs template and in the options select copy wordpress setings as in screenshot.

Cheers

• Zack
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Tom, Thanks for the assistance, def see the value of being a member here!

So I've installed "New Blogs Template" then I created template.site.com but when I click on "Create Template" I just get this dreaded message...

Whoops! The blog ID you posted is incorrect. You cannot template the main site. Please go back and try again. (Generated by New Blog Templates)

I've tried using the ID which is template and the full URL path which is http://template.site.com and its just not creating anything. Are there any known issues that would cause this?

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@Zack

Easiest way to explain this, you cant use the main site as a template as it would be changing all the time etc there maybe plugins active there you dont want on subsites etc,

So create a subsite set it up as you wish then once thats done and its visible in the mysites list hover your mouse over the edit link under its name. In the status bar at the bottom left of your browser you will see something like site_id=xx

the xx is the id of the site you wish to use as a template.

One cool feature though is as a superadmin when creating sites from the backend you have a choice to use a template or just using the default wordpress theme.

Cheers.

• Zack
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Tom thanks for the extra hand-holding... I was using the username as the blog ID instead of the actual ID number. That being said, the URL path was correct but not working for some other reasons.

Either way, the problem is solved and it's working well, very nice plugin :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.