How to set schedule in Automator?

Hi,
I'd like to switch Automator schedule to update at 2am in my timezone for all my sites. It's cumbersome to change this for each site, so I wonder if you could please set 2AM as default for all my existing and new sites?
Thank you,
Sascha

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello sushling

I hope you're well today and thank you for your post.

Currently we're not able to do that for you, I'm afraid. We, as support staff, don't have any direct access to your Automate settings (or to The Hub of your account in general).

Additionally, The Hub settings (including Automate settings) are "per site" rather then "per account" and in that sense, I'm afraid it's also not possible to change it this way on "system level". As of now, the only way is for you to go to Automate settings for each site and change it there manually.

Having that said, I see that you got a lot of sites registered and I can see how inconvenient this might be. I agree that having a set of "bulk actions" available in The Hub (such as e.g. setting automate/reports/backups scheduling etc) would be extremely handy so I'll raise that internally.

I've also moved this post to our "Features and Feedback" form as a feature request so other Members of our Community could support the idea as the more support it gets the more likely it will be implemented (though it's possible that we'll add it anyway but I can't make promises or any statements on the ETA).

Kind regards,
    Adam

• sushling

Thank you for your statement.

I'm surprised to hear that you think that I have "got a lot of sites registered" though. I know other WP-service-providers (Developers, Maintainers, WP-Webmaster, Supporters etc.) who are managing way more than I do. Is there a limit about how many sites I'm able to place into Th Hub? Since I will launch new WP-related services in a few weeks I'm expecting to manage another 200-400 WP-sites.

Good to hear that you have moved this post to the "Feature Request Section", although I don't see any other vote apart the one by Julian. So I will probably use the Hub less the more sites I need to manage.

While looking for an alternative site-management (ManageWP, InfinityWP etc.) I found MainWP impressively fully stacked with almost everything I need. What I have just learned about MainWP is that their feature-set goes way beyond of what is possible with The Hub, except for incident-notifications related with Defender, Hummingbird and SmartCrawl - although these plugins/services provide email-reports, so I guess I won't need The Hub at all in order to manage my sites. :wink:

In case anybody would now point me to MainWPs lack of
    - checking visual changes after Auto-Updates: uptimerobot allows me to monitor them even in their free version
    - backing up sites before auto-updates: MainWP can be "hacked" to run Auto-Update at a specific time, e.g. 3am while having set up the backup-schedule for to 2am :wink:

Anybody else who has found alternative solutions that could replace Automator Of course only until The Hub will have cought up with these alternatives feature-wise :wink:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello sushling

I'm surprised to hear that you think that I have "got a lot of sites registered" though. I know other WP-service-providers (Developers, Maintainers, WP-Webmaster, Supporters etc.) who are managing way more than I do. Is there a limit about how many sites I'm able to place into Th Hub? Since I will launch new WP-related services in a few weeks I'm expecting to manage another 200-400 WP-sites.

You can add as many as you wish/need. By "a lot" I meant "enough to consider "bulk configuration/scheduling" a significant help" rather than literally "a lot" :slight_smile:

As for your other remarks. Thank you, that's a valuable feedback on The Hub. I'm sure though that you won't want to move anywhere else after all. I realize that that's still quite "young" thing but it's already advanced and we're adding/planning tons of new stuff to come up "sooner and later" (note please: I said "sooner AND later", not "sooner OR later" :stuck_out_tongue:) which will only make it better and better :wink:

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.