How to set the Main Theme when a adding a new site by admin and Prosites?

How to set the Main Theme when a adding a new site by admin and Prosites?

When I add a new site using the Network Admin the default Active theme is Twenty Sixteen.

How do I make the default theme active theme one that I chose?

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Ed Scott ,

Hope you're doing well today!

You can define the default theme to the new sites created (through Pro Sites or the network admin option Site -> New Site) adding this code to your wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_DEFAULT_THEME', 'your-default-theme' );

This is an example making our Spirit theme, as the default theme to all new sites:

define( 'WP_DEFAULT_THEME', 'uf-spirit' );

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Madhusudan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Ed Scott ,
    By writing the following code define( 'WP_DEFAULT_THEME', 'uf-spirit' ); you are enabling a main default theme for all your site. If you want to select another theme as your default theme you need to delete the above code and replace with another code. For example setting twenty-sixteen as a default theme you delete the above code and replace it with following code instead.
    define( 'WP_DEFAULT_THEME', 'twenty-sixteen' );

Instead, if you want users to choose premium themes and so on, you would need to also use the pro-sites plugin then enable the premium themes modules.

You can also use the multisite themes manager plugin which will display them better in your users dashboard area, and with the pro-sites plugin, if the theme is a premium theme it will display a message saying 'Pro theme' & ask users to upgrade to be able to activate that theme. You can upload any custom themes you make to the wp-content/uploads/multisite-theme-manager folder. They will then be available for selection here.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multisite-theme-manager/

Hope this helps.

Thanking you,
    Madhsudan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.