How to set up Appointments+ through Google API

I have tried to follow the steps to set up the API through Google Calendar to sync with my wordpress site.

I am not having any luck and the instructions are a little different that what shows on Google.

I am not a developer so this is outside my realm of knowledge.

Can someone help me to set up the API Settings?

This is an important feature for my business because I schedule between 2 - 4 apppointments per day.

Thank you in advance!

Brett Baughman
xxx-xxx-xxxx

• Brett

Thank you very much for your quick response.

These are the steps that I was able to complete:
    To set up Google Calendar API, please click the "i" icon and carefully follow these steps:
    Tip: There is a video tutorial showing these steps here.

Google Calendar API requires php V5.3+ and some php extensions. Click this link to check if your server installation meets those requirements: Check Requirements
    Go to Google apis console by clicking https://code.google.com/apis/console/. Login to your Google account if you are not already logged in.
    Create a new project using the left side pane. Name the project "Appointments" (or use your chosen name instead)
    Click "Services" from left side pane and set "Calendar API" as ON.
    Click "API Access" from left side pane.
    Click "Create an OAuth 2.0 Client ID" button.
    Enter a Product Name, e.g. A+, inside the opening pop-up. Click Next.
    Select "Service account" under Client ID Settings in the new pop-up.
    Click "create Client ID". Getting the result may take a few seconds.

Once it got to the next step #10. download private key and setting up the FTP I was not able to figure it out.

Let me know what you need and I will be happy to provide it.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Brett,

Hope you're having a great weekend so far!

Were you able to download the key? If you aren't comfortable uploading it to the right folder through FTP then we can definitely do that part for you :slight_smile:

If you haven't downloaded that key then go back to that part of your client ID and re-download it. Or click the "Generate New Key" button. Let us know when you have done that then you can send us your FTP information and we can put it in the right place for you.

Send the login info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -private key (you may have to wait until we respond before you can attach this to the email)

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back Brett!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.