How to set-up no voting - just basic Q & A

Looking to set-up a basic Q & A page, where site visitors ask a question and I (the Admin) reply. Really don't want or need any voting, points, visitor answers or any other features. Obviously just a simple Q & A needed.

Installed the plug-in successfully and able to access the questions/ page and the questions/ask page.

Anyway, where do I make the edits to remove voting and other non-essential features?

Thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi razormicro and welcome to WPMU DEV!

In case you didn't already set it up, under Questions > Settings you could easily restrict the ability to answer questions to yourself as Admin. I believe that alone would take care of the Admin-only answers scenario.

Regarding the voting/rep-point system, that's a bit of an extensive edit there. And I believe all you'd need for that is in qa/core/template-tags.php, namely with functions such as the_question_voting().

I'll ask one of the developers to see if I've missed anything or if there's anything more to add, just to be sure.

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi razormicro,

Just had it double checked, the edits you'd be looking for should all be contained within qa/core/template-tags.php as I mentioned. The included template file calls the functions within that file to display Q&A elements. So you could make any needed adjustments in there.

If you have any questions on that, I'll be glad to see how I can help! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.