How to set up PayPal IPN notifications

Hi,

Well, I was doing okay with the setup, including PayPal APIs, etc. until I got to this: "To use PayPal Express Checkout or Pro you must manually turn on IPN notifications and enter your IPN url (http://earthwho.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_pypl_ipn) in your PayPal profile (you must also do this in your sandbox account when testing)."

I don't see a place to do that in my PayPal profile. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mac

• Aicee Taguilaso
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi Mac! Hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Could you please try going through these?
    - Click My Account > Profile > My Selling Tools
    - Then, click Update for "Instant payment notifications"
    - On the next page, click Choose IPN Settings button
    - Then, you can now see a Notification URL field

This might be helpful too:
    https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNSetup/

Cheers,
    Aicee

• Mac
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Aicee,
    I have spent more time than I want to admit on trying to get PayPal setup. Also, after Googleing for help many times I learned that many of us find PayPal instructions to be really bad. I mean REALLY bad. So here I am again asking for your help.
    I followed your instructions for my main PayPal account but I can't see how to do the same in the Sandbox test accounts. For example, there is no My Selling Tools link and I can't see any other way to do it. So once again, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mac

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mac,

So sorry for such a delay here!

Are you still having problems with setting up the IPN url? It sounds like perhaps when you setup the sandbox account you didn't select "Business"? I've attached a screenshot to illustrate. By default it will create a buyer account instead of a seller.

Also, after Googleing for help many times I learned that many of us find PayPal instructions to be really bad. I mean REALLY bad.

A million times YES! lol I remember when I first setup a PayPal sandbox account it was a struggle to say the least... I do like the developer interface where you can manage all your sandbox accounts from one login though - that's handy.

Anyways, if you do still need any further assistance here just let us know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Nick
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Tyler,

I'm having the same problem, I've read the documentation supplied by yourself and paypal but not making progress. This is a screenshot of where I get to (I have set up a business account on the sandbox).

nick

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nick,

You actually don't need to go to that IPN simulator page at all. That's just to test whether it's working or not.

After you create the business account sandbox. Then login here:

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com

Then follow Aicee's screenshot in the original post on this thread. You should be able to add the IPN url there :slight_smile: then you are all setup.

Let me know if you're having any issues with that.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.