how to set up pricing schemes and product plans with marketpress

how to set up pricing schemes and product plans and recurring payments

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @design5

I hope you are well today.

When you say, pricing schemes, products plans and recurring payments how do you mean? On a single product, something else? How do you envision this to work?

Currently out of the box MarketPress works like most other e-commerce plugins in a way that you add the product and set the price, but did you want to do something else?

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• design5
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

let me know if this is possible using the directory plugin and other plugins that will help achieve this.

i want to be able to do the following:

- add a listing type which is to be similar to product type with fields for that type of product which you can assign to a product of that type. so for a listing select a type to allow extra fields to be used specifically for that listing.
    - would like to have different listing levels. bronze $5, silver $10, gold $15, platinum $20.
    - based on the level selected an appropriate template will be used which will determine what can be shown. so if i choose to pay for a gold level then my listing will show all the details such as name, address, phone, website, description, map and so on. but if i chose bronze then all i will see is name, address and phone.
    - the user can add more listings and at the same time be able to choose a listing level in which they pay for. so i can go and add a listing using bronze for one of businesses and get a gold for another business. these will still be under the same login account.

now with the directory and other plugins you provide. what is the best method of approaching this requirement.

Thanks for your help

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @design5

I hope you are well today and sorry for the delay on this, did you want to use MarketPress specifically within this, so a user would still add the bronze item to the cart, or that would be the listing that a user adds?

If you could clarify on that for me, so if you had say 3 levels, you'll have a custom page template than based on the choosen level, dynamically choose the listing template show with varying fields, like conditional logic, that if something matches something else, show this or it it doesn't, don't show, correct?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and sorry again about the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• design5
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

well it will be the listing with the level chosen. the level chosen will determine what template file they can use and this would be locked down to only 1 listing.
    they will need to purchase again to make another listing.

i'd rather have the directory do all this builtin. i dont want to have to code something that may be overwritten with an update.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @design5

I hope you are well today, thank you for the additional information.

So in a way, you'd like marketpress and directory to crossover and decide what template they use to create a listing based upon their membership level, correct? I'm afraid out of the box this wouldn't be possible, though you may be able to build upon the form and change it based on user role, which is what you want to do I believe, but it wouldn't handle selling them?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @design5

I hope you are well today, first of all I'd like to apologize about the delay with my reply.

I have just taken a look over that thread and I'm afraid as the lead developer of the directory plugin said in that thread, this sort of behaviour isn't going to be possible out of the box and would require custom coding :slight_frown:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.