How To Set Up The Email For The e-Newsletter

Hello. I've installed the e-Newsletter plugin, but when I go to create an newsletter I get an error message that will not allow me to even start the process of creating the letter. I think the SMPT email is set incorrectly, but I don't know how to set it up. If someone could help me with that it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Access is open.

Thanks
Audrey

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Audrey,

There are two ways to configure e-Newsletter: you can use SMTP or PHP Mail (on the image I've attached).
    The PHP Mail method is easier and faster - but not every hosting/server allows to use it. You can switch to PHP Mail and test if it working.

To use SMTP setting you have to have real email address with password, smtp server, port and information about type of connection. This works like configuring e-mail client on your desktop.
    All that information you'll get from your hosting/mail provider.

Please let me know if that help.
    Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Audrey

Hi Kasia. I change it to the PHP. It looks fine, but when I go to create a newsletter this is the error message that I get.
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_current_screen() in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/57/2462357/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/class-gd-system-plugin-admin-menu.php on line 194

What I really want is a way to send messages to members all at once or individually. Is there a way for me to do this without the enewsletter plugin?

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Audrey,

This error is related to different plugin - that is in gd-system-plugin folder. Can you try to find this plugin and disable it?

What I really want is a way to send messages to members all at once or individually. Is there a way for me to do this without the enewsletter plugin?

To do that you need some newsletter plugin.
    If you can't disable this second plugin, lets try to setup SMTP.

cheers,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.