How to setup a Fundraising website?

Hi,
I am new to WordPress and PayPal. Please excuse me if my questions below looks wordy or stupid.
I somehow can't seem to follow the installation procedures and can't get anything done.

In the installation document:
(1) On page 6 "PayPal Settings", do you mean that I must register in http://www.sandbox.paypal.com and finished doing some sandbox testings before setting up the "Simple Payment Options" and "Advanced Payment Options"?
This is because I did setup an account in PayPal Sandbox but don't know how to test it out!

(2) I manage to work till the beginning of page 11 and tried to follow your "cheat sheet for the application" information. But it seems that I need my new Fundraising website layout all done before submitting the official application to x.commerce.
This is because as you mentioned in the section on "Testing information", x.commerce will step through my website's payment flows.
However I find that the "Permalink settings" on page 12 has been moved from "Presentation" tab to "Other" tab; and three lines of parameters "Fundraising Directory Location", "Checkout Page" and "Thank You Page" to be filled-in does not exist under "Permalink settings".

Please help.
Thanks a lot,
Brian

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@brianto

No worries and welcome to wpmu dev :slight_smile:

1) If you have got the sandbox account installed you simply add the sandbox account information into the plugin settings. Remember to create a test user there as well (at paypal) and then you can test that all functions work.

2) Yes you need to really have the site finished as they often check the site. With regards to permalinks and the pages, don't worry as the plugin creates those pages by default.

Cheers

Tom

• brianto
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tom,
    I have created two test accounts (i.e. Merchant and API Caller account) as instructed in "PayPal Sandbox Getting Started Guide"; and I input the Merchant account's API Username, API Password and Signature data into the "Payment" tab of Fundraising's settings screen (under Advanced Payment Options).

Questions:
    (1) The "Fundraising Permalink Structure" under "Permalink Settings" in the "Other" tab only displays a message "You Need To Setup Your Permalink Structure Before Setting Your Donations Slugs".
    I don't see the three lines of parameters "Fundraising Directory Location", "Checkout Page" and "Thank You Page" being created by default or being shown for manual input.

(2) I have created one "Crowdfunding" project using the Fundraising plugin. However I don't see this project being displayed on the homepage of my website (i.e. fountpoint.com ).

Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Brian

• brianto
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tom,
    (1) After changing the "Permalinks" settings to "Date and name" in the WordPress system, I can see the following under the "Option" tab in the "Fundraising" plugin:

Permalink Settings
    Fundraising Directory Location http://fountpoint.com/fundraisers
    Checkout Page http://fountpoint.com/fundraisers/{The Fundraiser's Name}/pledge
    Thank You Page http://fountpoint.com/fundraisers/{The Fundraiser's Name}/
    thank-you

Still I don't see the testing fundraising entry I posted.
    I have attached a screenshot of the "All Fundraisers" listing for your review.
    On the top left screen, I can see that it shows "Published (1)".

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Brian

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@brianto

You posted in my night time so sorry for the delay in getting back to you, i'm good but i can't sleep type yet. Ok enough rambling on we go.

Ok i am not sure what you mean as when i visit your site i see it. see attached screenshot, when i click on the title it takes me to the fundraising page.

Cheers

Tom

• brianto
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tom,
    I just visited the homepage of fountpoint.com again and got the attached screenshot, i.e. no fundraising page shown.

You said "when i click on the title it takes me to the fundraising page".

(1) Where is this title located on the homepage?

(2) Why didn't this fundraising page show up on the homepage by default, and needs someone to click on a "title" to see it?

Thanks,
    Brian

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@brianto

That's because you have it setup so that the all fundraisers listings is set to appear on the yoursite.com/fundraisers. Unless you add them to the front page how do you expect them to appear there?

See screenshot when you click this it takes you to the fundraising page where people can donate s2.jpg above

Cheers

Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.