How to setup italian language for all plugin and theme?

Hello, how to choose italian language for your theme and plugins?

• Luís

Hi rocco_sgroi ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If I understood well your question, this is defined in WordPress settings (Settings -> General, "Site Language" field) however, plugins and theme (Upfront in this case) needs to have the translation file to Italian.

Translating Upfront Builder

For Upfront Builder plugin, you can find some translation files here, however, "Italian" was not translated yet. You can translate it doing the following procedure:

1) Go to "wp-content/plugins/upfront-builder/languages" folder and download the "upfront_thx.pot" file;

2) Using a .pot editor, like Poedit, translate all strings;

3) When you save the file, Poedit will generate two files: .mo and .po;

4) Change the file name to include the language code:

I.E, if your site language is English (United States) defined in Settings -> General, your translation file should be:

upfront_thx-en_US.mo

5) Then upload the .mo file to "wp-content/plugins/upfront-builder/languages" folder.

Translating Upfront (Parent theme)

Like Upfront builder, you can find some translation files here, but, again, it don't have the translation for Italian finished.

You can translate it doing the following procedure:

1) Go to "wp-content/themes/upfront/languages" folder and download the "upfront.pot" file;

2) Using a .pot editor, like Poedit, translate all strings;

3) When you save the file, Poedit will generate two files: .mo and .po;

4) Change the file name to include the just the language code:

I.E, if your site language is English (United States) defined in Settings -> General, your translation file should be:

en_US.mo

1.5) Then upload the .mo file to "wp-content/themes/upfront/languages" folder.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.