How to setup membership access to a club, but without content required

I want to sell membership access to a club, single monthly subscriptions and recurring monthly payments
I have MarketPress, Membership 2 Pro, and Appointments+

It is not a physical product or digital download, the fee payable allows access to the club for one month.

I will also have physical products, but the one giving me a headache is how to sell the Membership Access and have it show in the Members section

[[ Please excuse my double post as I appended this question to an old thread and then thought that was not the best way to proceed.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/available-product-kinds-dont-fit-my-products?replies=10#post-1216468 ]]

• Denitsa

Hello joe,
    I hope you're having a fantastic day and thank you for posting your question here!

Have you tried this solution posted in the thread you've already mentioned?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/available-product-kinds-dont-fit-my-products?replies=10#post-1032237

Basically, what you can do:
    1) Add a PDF for example (it will act as some sort of a "Membership Certificate").
    2) Select it as a digital product.

Do not worry about selling physical products also, since if there is only a digital download product in the cart it will not display the shipping fields, however, if there is one or more than one tangible/physical product in the cart then it will show shipping fields on the time of checkout.

I hope this makes sense! If I can help you further in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers,
    Denitsa

• Denitsa

Hello joe,
    I hope you are having a great day!

I'm sorry for the confusion here, let me elaborate more on that.

The PDF mentioned should be added as a digital product. This way, it will be like your members are getting some sort of a "membership certificate" or you could just write something like "You bought a subscription to our club. Thank you!". Unfortunately, this is the only way to get the behaviour you want with MarketPress.

When you go to Store -> Add product you choose Digital Download form the Product Kind dropdown. Here, you set the file URL also.

Setup your shipping details in Store Settings -> Shipping.

Then, if your client chooses only a digital product, it will not display shipping fields. If there is one or more than one tangible/physical product in the cart then it will show shipping fields on the time of checkout.

I hope this makes sense! If I can help you further in this or other questions, please let me know!

Best regards,
    Denitsa