How to setup Pro Sites signup page, trials, etc ?

Thanks for the videos on how to manage basic options, but is there a manual with everything to setup a signup page, a page to subscribe to a free trial (I don't want the free subscription and put 15 days free trial in the settings) ?
When I get to the http://easy.digin.fr/pro-site/ page I have the following message : "You must first login before you can choose a site to upgrade:"
But there is no link to create an account / signup.

Thanks,

David

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there David,

I hope you are well today and welcome to WPMU DEV!

The signup page is the default signup page within WordPress Multisite which is yourdomain.com/wp-signup.php here your user signs up for a site.

The checkout and upgrade page in your case is pro-site and there people can pick their plan. The Free trial would be set up in the settings in the Network settings, You can choose any length of time for the free trial :slight_smile:

If you don't want the free subscription level, you can go to Pro Sites > Modules > Pay To Blog, activate that, activating that means that now your users would have to pay before they can start using their site or access their site, though as above you can indeed give them a free trial, then at any time throughout the free trial they can checkout to avoid losing access or they can checkout when they log in after the free trial period has expired.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• David

Yes I had previiously not activated the possibility to create a website in the network settings.

Now the subscription works fine for me too, and I don't have a 404 but I have 2 questions :

1 - I guess I would need to customize my signup page and remove the possibility for a user to create his website already, considering I want the user to pay to have a website, right ?
    2 - Once I am signed up and signed in http://easy.digin.fr/pro-site/, I select any of the offers and click on the paypal button but nothing happens... did I forget something ?

Here are the credentials I use :
    Removed Password and Username

(And there is already a david.easy.digin.fr website that was created during the signup process. )

Thanks again,

David

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there David,

Great, glad that works now! :slight_smile:

1: By activating the pay to blog module and offering a free trial they would have access to the site for the free trial period then all access would be lost till they paid, or you can just use pay to blog with no free trial then they couldn't access the front-end or admin end until they pay.

I'm afraid currently the checkout can't be modified to take payment first, as it has no site ID to attach the subscription to which means access etc couldn't automatically be removed if the user didn't pay.

Using it in the current way the user would have to pay after with pay to blog and there is no danger of them being able to access it without paying (unless of course your using the free trial, then they have access for that period of time).

2: I have just tested that and the same happens for me, in Pro Sites > settings, have you entered your API information and have you turned on IPN in your PayPal account?

I have removed the username and password, as this is a public forum and didn't want random people being able to login :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.