how to setup up appointment+

Hi, is there a link or video clip that show on how to setup appointment +?

thanks
chad

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello CHAD,

Thank you for providing access. It seems there is a conflict between Page Builder by SiteOrigin and Appointments+. After deactivating Page Builder the Appointments+ shortcode button appeared on the editor. Please see screenshots.

https://goo.gl/k8oRtD
    https://goo.gl/EssJXe

I have re-enabled Page Builder as to not cause any loss of formatting on your site and I will report this compatibility issue to our Dev Team.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Luís
    • Support

Hi CHAD ,

Hope you're doing well today!

The shortcode builder from Appointments + should be displayed in the Visual tab, however, as you are using a TinyMCE Advanced plugin to override the default Editor it will not be displayed in the same.

Regarding to the Site Origin Page Builder, I am not sure about the code involved to integrate the shortcode builder from Appointments +.

I flagged the SLS team (our code experts :slight_smile: ) to investigate further and get their valuable feedback regarding to both situations.

Since this team deals with more advanced threads it may take them longer to reply.

Cheers, Luís

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi CHAD ,

Unfortunately the shortcodes button is designed to work with the default wp-editor (although is seems to be working with the TinyMCE Advanced, but not with the page builder).

What we can do is offer an admin menu page that will include the shortcodes list and information about the attributes. I have prepared and attached a mu-plugin ( a php file that you can upload to your wp-co ntent/mu-plugins folder ) which should add a new menu (close to the bottom of your admin menus) and contain the shortcodes.

Before you upload you will also have to unzip it.

Really hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• CHAD
    • The Incredible Code Injector

do I upload the file into this path: wp-content/mu-plugins.bak
    If yes, then after I uploaded i don't see the appointment shortcode. Would you please provide me more instruction on how to do this?

Would it be better if I uninstall the pager builder in order to the appointment to show up on page editor? But if I uninstall page builder is their ways that I can edit my page layout?

I granted access in case you need it.

thanks
    chad

• Luís
    • Support

Hi CHAD ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If yes, then after I uploaded i don't see the appointment shortcode. Would you please provide me more instruction on how to do this?

The "mu-plugin" provided by my teammate Panos will create a new menu item in your admin panel with all the shortcodes available to Appointments +:

To install it, firstly, you will need to change the folder name from:

wp-content/mu-plugins.bak

to

wp-content/mu-plugins

Then, download the .zip file attached, unzip it and upload the "wpmudev_apps_shortcodes_menu.php" file to the "mu-plugins" folder.

Would it be better if I uninstall the pager builder in order to the appointment to show up on page editor? But if I uninstall page builder is their ways that I can edit my page layout?

If your theme doesn't provide other option to customize the layouts, I think you can continue using the page builder, the "mu-plugin" provided will created a new menu item, where you can check the shortcodes and copy them to the pages.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.