how to setup Upfront home page

Hi
I have just started using upfront and I like the drag and drop.

I can work out all the functions and creating pages and posts.

The only thing I can't work out is how to get my first design to work as my home page URL

• Admin

That's not what he asked... He wants to be able to set as static the magazine layout that he has designed. In upfront - there is not a designated page to choose from when setting a static home page. So the default action of wordpress is to post all new posts into the front of your website if a static page is not selected - which you can't do with upfront because the choice is not listed. So the question is - how do you select your website landing page that you designed for your home page in the static page setting of the reading rules. It's not listed.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paul, hello Admin,

I hope you're well and don't mind me jumping into conversation :slight_smile:

Actually, my colleague @Predrag Dubajic is right about it, however the front-end setup process may be a little confusing. Let me please clarify this a bit.

1. Upfront-based themes are using "virtual templates" which aren't stored as e.g. page.php files in theme's folder. These templates are created "on the fly" and based on settings saved in database.

2. This means that there's what we could call a "pre-defined template" for front-page which is different for each Upfront-based theme but is strictly assigned to a front-page.

3. As a result, you can actually assign already existing WP page as a "static page" for front-end but once it's assigned it will pickup the Upfront "front page template".

That being said, you can't indeed design the page with Upfront while it's not a front-page and afterwards set it as a front-page and make it keep your design. You need to design front-page "on front-page". Once you assign another page as a "static front-page" it will pick up front-page design.

Also, you cannot assign a default Upfront front page as a "static page" because it's a "virutal page". So, you may want to leave it the way it is (only re-designing it) or follow the steps above.

I hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.