how to share posts from one domain into another

Excuse me if this is NOT the place to post this... I'm thinking this plugin will do this, but it's unclear to me.

What I'm looking to do is create a separate WP site, NOT NECESSARILY within my WPMU network, and then share the posts there in yet another WP site. I might want to share those posts with multiple other WP sites, but that's later...

The sites do not need to have single-sign-on or be synced.

How can I do this? OR, is it a better idea to do this within my WPMU network? And if so, how do I do it?

• DavidM

Hi Ernie,

Accessing posts within a multisite network can be easily achieved using the Post Indexer plugin along with any number of the other plugins that work alongside it.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer

It's not quite "sharing" posts, but it can be seen as effectively achieving that.

For getting posts out to sites outside your multisite or regular WordPress network, you could use the Autoblog plugin. Again, it's not quite "sharing" content but it has that practical effect.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog

One thing to keep in mind though, is the duplicate content issue. Depending on how it's done, you may get penalized for having exactly the same content on various websites. Just something extra to consider.

• Ernie

Hi David, thx for those thoughts. Those suggestions are good for certain circumstances, but perhaps I'm not explaining enough... I'm still trying to think on this idea:

Let's say I have a standard WP site with a Category that has about 1000 posts in it, and new posts are constantly being added. The posts are most useful as reference material, essentially.

I want to now create a site for someone else, with their branding, and provide those posts to their site. I don't want to have to copy and xfer database tables, I would like to just be able to point their site at my posts.

I know this is possible to do with a Joomla site (there is an extension that actually allows individual posts/categories/etc. to be shared to other Joomla sites with the same extension), but I'd prefer to use WP for this.

Any ideas or suggestions? thanks for your time...