How to show a graphic download button and send them to the protected content page if no access

I would like to protect the download with a graphic button for the download
The access is set up that they can see all categories and pages as a teaser then when they download want them to get the Protected Content page. (this way on that page I can put a link to the register page so they can get a Lifetime subscription)
I tested just the download link on the page and its hiding the url fine. If you don't have access it goes to the No Access Graphic Fine.

I setup the Download graphic withe the Premium_Files access and the download link I put in the Link URL part of the graphic on the post.
The graphic is hidden to No Subscribers and when they press the No Access Button it goes to the No Access graphic on a new page.

So my question is How to show a graphic download button and send them to the protected content page if no access

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

I must have been asleep when I wrote the above.

To recap.
    The button shows to non Members (This is Good)
    The download is blocked (This is also Good)
    The Download Location is Hidden (This is also Good)
    The No Access icon / Graphic Shows in a new page if you press the Download Link.
    (This is also Good, But Would like to Show the Subscribe Link and show Text).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings DirectoryDude,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

This is certainly a tough one and I do not see anyway this ticket will go well considering I clearly understand "no access", unintended use, and that it is beyond the scope of the support we provide here.

If I had a clue as to the answer to the question I would certainly disclose it, but I do not.

So what to do?? All that I can do.

You could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute or you could always approach someone like Tweaky

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings DirectoryDude,

Thank you for your additional feedback, it is appreciated.

I totally understand your position and I have given you the link to my direct in line Boss's comment concerning custom coding, that without a doubt this is.

However, contrary to that last statement I will ping the lead developer @Barry and see what he has to say about the issue at hand with the link.

Today starting out fresh I thought about how I would handle this and I personally would try using an htaccess redirect directing the link to the place I want.

In any event, I have indeed pinged the lead developer for his input into this ticket.

Cheers, Joe

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The No Access icon / Graphic Shows in a new page if you press the Download Link.

You can change the No Access image to a download image by editing the graphic - I think there is a filter as well, but will check.

The image goes to the no access image because the image / media you are protecting has a link in the content. You can change that link in the content of the post using the editor and / or html editor if that's what you mean?

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

I don't want to make problems for anyone here. I will just leave it where it is now with a new image.
    I thought it was simply edit a line in the php to have the image clickable (hyperlink) to a registration or Subscription page thats defined in membership settings.
    thanks

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I thought it was simply edit a line in the php to have the image clickable (hyperlink) to a registration or Subscription page thats defined in membership settings.

No, the reason it's a link is because there is a link to it in the html and the protection changes all urls to the protected version. You could, alternatively a different method and place the protected content after a More tag, then have the more tag message display a download image.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.