How to show a resolved icon in archive pages list (like Dev here)

I can't just figure out to how does cute resolved icons in archive pages and question pages, could you please provide me with proper functions?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Well you posted in the Q&A forum, so you can see where the confusion came from. Because of that I believed you thought the same plugin was used for support here.

I don’t have access to the code used here for the forums and so I don’t know. I also don’t believe the feature is available in the Q&A plugin.

For custom development you can post projects to:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

Feature requests can of course be made, the more users who +1 a feature, the more likely it will appear in future versions.

Would you envisage it working like the support forum? So that someone would mark a Q&A as resolved?

• Rouzbeh
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Oh please , it’s just one line of code, first of all it had to be there in a first place, that’s something missing ! , in question list you can not see which one has been resolved , simple as that .

The only place where you find it is in : single-question.php , here it comes :

<div class=”question-meta”>

<?php the_qa_action_links( get_the_ID() ); ?>

<?php the_qa_author_box( get_the_ID() ); ?>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<?php } ?>

<?php if ( ($user_ID == 0 || current_user_can( ‘read_answers’, 0 )) && is_question_answered() ) { ?>

<div id=”answer-list”>

<h2><?php the_answer_count(); ?></h2>

<?php the_answer_list(); ?>

</div>

<?php } ?>

<?php if ( $user_ID == 0 || current_user_can( ‘publish_answers’, 0 ) ) { ?>

it’s just a matter of copying it in question-archive.php and get rid of those zero values I guess

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Oh please

?

it’s just one line of code, first of all it had to be there in a first place

Are you referring to the accept answer icon? (as seen in the screenshot)

If so then in

qa/defaut-templates/css/general.css

.vote-accepted-off {
    border: 0;
    background-color: #fff !important;
    background-image: url("../img/vote.png") !important;
    background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-indent: -9999em;
    margin: 0 auto;
    cursor: pointer;
    }

.vote-accepted-off,
    .vote-accepted-on {
    background-image: url("../img/accept.png") !important;
    display: block;
    height: 40px !important;
    width: 39px !important;
    }

The function I believe you are then looking for is “the_answer_accepted” found in the template:

/qa/core/template-tags.php

It takes one argument which looking at the var would be the answer_id.

Hopefully this will set you on the right path to getting the look you desire.

• Rouzbeh
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you for the info, what I need is to show the same thing in question page , to show what are the resolved ones (question-archive.php) , I actually need the php function concerning accepted icon when answers are accepted, thank you so much

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi Guys,

Great request, it’d definitely improve the plugin and we’ll see what we can do for you asap.

What I’ve done is tag Moha, the core developer of this plugin, so he can take a look and either provide us with a hack or even an added feature and new release.

I have to apologize in advance, I’ve been running him off his feet for the last couple of weeks, so it might not be as instantaneous as we’d like, but I promise we’ll get you sorted come hell or high water.

Please feel free also to leave any other requests / feedback / ideas here as well.

Cheers, James

• S H Mohanjith
    • Developer

Please add the following line where you want the tick or the red dot to appear in default-templates/archive-questions.php

<div class="qa-status-icon <?php echo (is_question_answered())?'qa-answered-icon':'qa-unanswered-icon'; ?>"></div>

Then add the following to default-templates/css/general.css

.qa-status-icon {
    width: 30px;
    height: 50px;
    display: block;
    float: left;
    background: no-repeat center center;
    }

.qa-unanswered-icon {
    background-image: url(../img/not-resolved.png);
    }

.qa-answered-icon {
    background-image: url(../img/resolved.png);
    }

I’m assuming resolved.png is the tick and not-resolved.png is the red dot. Hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.