How to show content image and excerpt

I would like to show protected posts in the category archive. FYI, I am using Video Pro 2.0 Theme. At the moment, posts that are protected aren't shown until the user has that membership.

I would like to show a preview (image + excerpt ) in the category archive page. But the theme uses custom fields, so I can 't use the protect content shortcode.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello hamza

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's currently no option for such kind of protection and we would usually suggest protecting content using Membership 2 Pro shortcodes instead of Protection Rules. However, there's a workaround that might work for you:

- first, remove protection from all these posts/pages that should be shown on the list, so they would be unprotected and publicly accessible
    - enable "URL Protection" add-on on "Membership 2 -> Add-ons" page
    - add URLs of all these posts to the "Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> URL Restrictions" and assign selected memberships there.

Such posts that are not protected in any other way than URL Protection only, they will show up on all the post lists across the site so if you're only displaying featured image and post excerpts in archives, it would do the trick. Only after trying to access the post, a user would be blocked unless is a member of a specific membership.

Would you give it a try? Test it with one or two selected articles first and if it does the job for you, apply it to the rest of them :slight_smile:

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.