How to show icons in homepage ?

Hello,

I show activities at home page without set the activity page as home page (for theme reason)

Activity plus icons are not appearing. (watch images)

So i need to know how to display these icon like in BuddyPress activity page (watch image) without setting BP activity page as homepage in WordPress admin panel

Thanks

regards

Lamine

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi Lamine!

How are you displaying the activity in the homepage?

Which theme are you using? I would imagine the issue is in how you are displaying the activity. You can also set the Activity as the Home page by creating a custom link in your Appearance menu that points to the activity page.

Looking forward to more info so that we can get a solution :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I see that the theme automatically displays the activity feed, so it may be some sort of javascript error

It's hard to say as we don't have access to the theme files. :slight_frown:

I would check the theme files in the template where it calls the activity on the Activity page and the homepage template portion on the where it calls the activity to see if there are any differences

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Looking again at your pictures, I see that the plugin is working fine on the Activity page, which is where it is designed to show, any instance of it not being seen on the homepage will be due to the theme and how it calls the status box.

I think you should consult the theme author and ask him for some input, then perhaps we can see how to make it work with the plugin. We can get the developer in to help us out once we have more information.

However, bottom line is this would be some custom coding and we can't do it as we do not have the theme files or the designers knowledge of the themes coding structure.

Very Sorry Lamine, it's not easy for me to tell you that we can't give you a quick fix as you are such a great member here :slight_smile:

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Nope sorry!

Even checked my spam again. :slight_frown:

I'm afraid I'm stumped here. I'll ask the developer to comment perhaps? It may save some time. Thanks for being so patient!

Ve: The theme Lamine is using will show the BP Activity Plus icons fine on the Activity page. The Homepage of this theme has a special location for the Activity stream, like a preview of sorts, and gives a box to enter a status update. This box does not show the Activity Plus plugin or icons. Lamine is saying he has someone who added the Activity Plus capability to the homepage but the icons are not showing. Is there anything we can do? Or is this a theme issue?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Out of the box, the plugin doesn't support that. However, editing the method "BpfbBinder::_add_js_css_hooks()" in file "lib/class_bpfb_binder.php" to allow for homepage dependencies inclusion should suffice. The targeted code to be edited is between lines 304 and 313 in that file - the conditional that decides whether to include the JS and CSS dependencies or not.

Since you said you have someone already adding the Activity Plus capability on your homepage - depending on how this was done, if the javascript is already there, including the proper stylesheet dependencies (as indicated in the "BpfbBinder::_add_js_css_hooks()" method) should get the icons to show.

• lamine
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I checked out _add_js_css_hooks () and checked all conditions are for activity page. Means if i will set an activity page as home page then those icons will appear. But in my website , i create a layout and get all activity there. Code are same as in activity page.
    I added one more condition " is_front_page() || is_home()" but no any activity plus icons appear.

I included ajax and jquery files in home page layout file but it show me div from firebug but not icons.

So please helps me about this issues.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Can you please check in Firebug Net tab if the proper resources are actually being loaded on your front page when you put that condition in? The most important ones are "bpfb_interface.js", "bpfb_interface.css" and "bpfb_toolbar.css". Also, while you're at it, can you please check if there aren't any javascript errors in the console?

• lamine

Hi,

I included CSS and JS files of buddypress-activity-plus at home page to show the activity plus icons.
    But i am not able to see any icon there, even I copy HTML code which is generated in activity page regarding icons and paste in home page then i can see icon but when i clicked on it no any functionality work.

I am also getting another issues when i included CSS and js files of buddypress-activity-plus in home page then the all site CSS layout changed .I used 'salutation' theme and I added new CSS into custom CSS customization box of 'salutation' theme.

So due to buddypress-activity-plus CSS and JS in home page , IE not show all new CSS of custom box.

Please advise.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I have been checking your home page and, for some reason, the required resources I mentioned in above post aren't being loaded. If I load them manually using the console, I'm getting the Activity Plus interface and I'm able to use it on your home page, too: http://i49.tinypic.com/5xpjcx.png Can we please make sure that the proper scripts and styles are getting loaded, so we can get the bare-bones functionality going first?

• lamine

I have added buddypress-activity-plus js and css on header files like

<link rel="stylesheet" id="file_uploader_style-css" href="pluginurl/buddypress-activity-plus/css/external/fileuploader.css?ver=3.4.1" type="text/css" media="all">
    <link rel="stylesheet" id="bpfb_interface_style-css" href="pluginurl/buddypress-activity-plus/css/bpfb_interface.css?ver=3.4.1" type="text/css" media="all">
    <link rel="stylesheet" id="bpfb_toolbar_icons-css" href="pluginurl/buddypress-activity-plus/css/bpfb_toolbar.css?ver=3.4.1" type="text/css" media="all">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="pluginurl/buddypress-activity-plus/js/external/fileuploader.js?ver=3.4.1"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="pluginurl/buddypress-activity-plus/js/bpfb_interface.js?ver=3.4.1"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="pluginurl/buddypress-activity-plus/js/bpfb_group_documents.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var _bpfbRootUrl="siteurl/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-activity-plus";var _bpfbTempImageUrl="siteurl/wp-content/uploads/bpfb/tmp/";var _bpfbBaseImageUrl="siteurl/wp-content/uploads/bpfb/";
    </script>

I checked thorugh firebug and i see all files included. But at home page ,buddypress-activity-plus icons was not appear. Then i added all html content which show icons like

<div class="bpfb_actions_container">
       <div class="bpfb_toolbar_container">
          <a href="#photos" class="bpfb_toolbarItem" title="Add photos" id=""bpfb_addPhotos">
          <span>Add photos</span></a>&nbsp;
          <a href="#videos" class="bpfb_toolbarItem" title="Add videos" id="bpfb_addVideos">
          <span>Add videos</span></a>&nbsp;
          <a href="#links" class="bpfb_toolbarItem" title="Add links" id="bpfb_addLinks">
          <span>Add links</span></a>
       </div>
       <div class="bpfb_controls_container"> </div>
       <div class="bpfb_preview_container"> </div>
       <div class="bpfb_action_container"> </div>
       <input type="button" id="bpfb_cancel_action" value="Cancel" style="display:none" class="btn">
    </div>

But by this, it just show me icon but not functionality . Like click on any icon but not show it's functionality .

You can check here http://buddypress.fansfoot.com/

Please advise me.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings lamine,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.