How to show membership posts one blog homepage

Hi there,

I would like my premium posts to show on the homepage, but just not be accessible from the points at which the shortcodes are added.

I have tried selecting and deselecting categories, but at best, the entire posts from speficic categories are not showing on the homepage at all, and I am a little lost about what to do. When I click on the premium category links in my sidebar, whether as admin or a guest, I get an error 404.

Can anyone help?

The site in questions is motherswhowork.co.uk.

Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

I would like my premium posts to show on the homepage

How are you calling for the premium posts? Do all of these have their own category for posting or are you filtering by their membership level?

Either way, the easiest way to do this would be to put a filter in the php on your homepage to only show these posts. Also, are these across a network install or all on the same site?

Thanks!

• ladyj2001
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there,

I am using shortcodes to hide the parts of the post pages that I only want paid (premium) subscribers to see, and have also blocked access to the category for non-premium members.

This means that the categories are not listed on the homepage with the other categories, and the the posts are not showing up at all on the homepage, which is not what I wanted...Can you help, please? I basically want people to see the posts, and then hopefully want to subscribe so they can see the premium part (videos mainly), but without promotion on my homepage, it's like I haven't put anything up at all...

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

To achieve showing the posts on the frontpage, etc but blocking access to the premium content, you'll want to use the shortcode method alone (don't block by category)

Then, make sure you've added the shortcode to the plugin and also to the rules for each level.

Let us know if you need further assistace with this.

thanks!

• Klark
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm using the more tag to achieve this. You can use your template tags to do whatever you want on the homepage and the category pages. When you get to the single pages, only what is before the more tag is shown to non-subscribers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.