How to show service provider and service information on make an appointment page

I have installed appointments plus and I would like to show the biography page and the service description page.

I have watch the videos on the wpmu website and I understand what to do.

That is I need to create a page and then assign it as the page for that service provider and service.

I have done that but it is not showing up.

What do I need to do differently.

Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gregory,

I hope you're having a nice day and thank you for your question!

First step would be to create a "Description page" for each service and a "Bio page" for each service provider and then assign these pages on (accordingly) "Appointments -> Settings - Services" and "Appointments -> Settings -> Service Providers" pages.

I believe you have already done this.

If you're using a default (setup automatically upon Appointments+ installation) "/make-an-appointment" page, information should already be pulled automatically (see screenshot).

If you're however using a custom page for booking appointments, then you may want to adjust shortcodes a bit:

- a services drop-down list

[app_services description="content"]

where "description" value can be "none", "excerpt" (default) or "content"

- a service provider drop-down list

[app_service_providers description="content"]

where "description" value can be again "none", "excerpt" (default) or "content".

There are also attributes that allow you to show a thumbnail and define its size. These are described on your dashboard's "Appointments -> Shortcodes" page.

Let me know please if this worked for you. In case it didn't, could you please grant me a support access to your site so I could take a closer look? To do this, please follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers,
    Adam

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi gregory

I hope you had a wonderful day and Merry Christmas.

I just tested the service description and service provider bio feature in my test site and it's working fine. Just to make sure you understand the process, lemme describe the process.

For example, suppose you have created a service called "Haircut" and then defined a page "Haircut Details" for that service. Now if you create a page for list of services with this shortcode:
    [app_services]
    You will get a dropdown list for all available services including Haircut. Now when you select "Haircut" from the dropdown, the description below will automatically change with the content inside that "Haircut Details" page you created previously.

Same goes with Service Providers. Suppose you have a provider called Mike and Mike has a bio page called "Bio for Mike". Now if you create a page with this shortcode:
    [app_service_providers]
    you will get a dropdown for all available service providers and when you select Mike from that dropdown, the content below will automatically show the content from Bio for Mike page.

Please confirm if you get the same on your site. I've tested with latest version of the plugin and it's working perfectly on my site. So if it's not like the same above on your site, I need to check the issue in details on your site.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Gregory!

I've just visited your site. At first, the description page for service was shown for me as a set of Visual Composer shortcodes mixed with "lorem ipsum" content. Now, both description and bio pages seem to be showing fine (a picture and a "My name is greg and I'm testing this site" message).

What I did was clearing Appointments+ cache (on "General" settings tab for Appointments+). The cache shouldn't go in a way as it was disabled but it's possible that it interfered here if it was enabled before. However, I suppose that you might have been editing your site at the very same moment and if so, I'm absolutely not sure if this is what helped here.

That said, have you made any changes to the site/Appointments+ about the time I posted this message? Let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.