How to sign up as an affiliate only

The signup form used to be configured with a checkbox that allowed someone to sign up only as an affiliate and not get a subsite. That seems to be gone from my site now. Is there a way to add it onto the signup form?

Thanks, Joe.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Joe,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Affiliates plugin itself doesn't include and signup/registration form and the option you're referring to is not a part of Affiliates plugin but rather depends on your WordPress configuration and settings of other plugins that may be affection signup (such as e.g. Pro Sites, Membership 2 Pro or any other registration-related extensions).

I can see on your site that you're offering websites in your Network to the users and the feature is powered by our Pro Sites plugin. That said, you may go to your "Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Settings -> General Settings" page and disable the "Signup on Checkout" option.

This way users will be able to signup for a user account (this doesn't exclude them from being able to join your affiliate program) without setting up a site. However, in order to create a site they will be required to create a regular user account first and only after this will be able to see Pricing Tables.

Would that work for you?

Best regards,
    Adam

• joejacobson

Hi again,

I went back to read about the Affiliate plugin, and the documentation said that all you need to do to be an affiliate is sign up as a User. So, I did this for a new person, and then I logged into their account and came to their affiliate dashboard, but there is only one link for User Profile. Nothing for them as an affiliate.

What am I missing? Can someone be an affiliate as a user only, or do they need a site with a full dashboard? I went to http://wordsandwriters.com/affiliate-login/ to login as an affiliate.

Thanks, Joe.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Joe,

When signup on checkout is enabled in Pro Sites there's no option to register only account.

I did some poking around to create a workaround for this in case you want to try it out and see if it works for you.

First thing to do is install this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-register-profile-with-shortcode/ and go to Settings > WP Register Settings to enable "Password Field" for this plugin.

Now go to your Pro Sites page in backend and add this to your page:

<div id="showregform">Create account without site</div>

[rp_register_widget]

First line will be used to show registration form on click and second line is for registration form itself, you can edit the text from first line to anything you want.

Use child theme or plugin like this one to add this CSS code to hide registration form:

#register {
      display: none;
    }

Last thing to do is download attached file, unzip it and place it in your wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder, if you don't have that folder create one yourself.
    This file is used to show registration form when clicked on "Create account without site".

That should be it, when you go to your pro sites page on front end you should now see "Create account without site" text and when you click on it it will show registration form to create account without pro site.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.