How to size Region to fit Slider content exactly? Rev Slider

I have a space between my rev slider and the rest of my content below and above it.

The region overflows the content by about 5px no matter what resolution I am veiewing at.

Also: There are no margins for the slider, so I do not believe that the slider is forcing padding.

I have tried various settings with the region in order to get it to fit, maybe I’m just trying the wrong one.

Side issue: I would like to sticky my main menu just under the slider and float it once the slider reaches the top of the page. So that the slider is always stuck at the top of the page, unless it the user scrolls back up to the top of the home page, at which point it sticks to the bottom of the slider region.

I will leave the website alone while I wait for support.

Another thing: This content window should not minimize from view.

I switched to another tab to be sure of what I was typing here – and when I came back to this question box looked closed. When I clicked “ask a question” again my question popped back up. I am sure others may not have thought of that and clicked the back button – which I am sure resulted in a frown for them.

• StudioSelf
    • Flash Drive

I should also note that I inserted the slider via upfront widget.

I’m going to do a test on another page – leaving the home for you to review – in order to test using the php in a code box. Maybe we can leave some know-how and find-how for others who may experience this issue.

• StudioSelf
    • Flash Drive

Support access is ACTIVE until August 24, 2015 4:39 am

Wait so you guys have support access? So wpmudev support can login to my site to help me with a problem? So this is support access to the back-end and front-end of wordpress to help? So you’re telling me support can log in to my website to help fix a problem with a plugin, theme or otherwise – within reason of course. Let ask this question once more so that the community can understand the magnitude of this and to leave some spider food that the rest of the world may pick up on this: So you’re going to log into my website – remotely – to provide remote assistance?

Is that right? I think I made the right choice by coming back to WPMUDev…

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @studioself

Sorry for delay..

I have fix for region overflow issues, it’s because by default region have padding. You can use this css, and put it on global css on left sidebar. Go to Theme Settings – Add custom css and put css at the end of code lines. See screenshot to see what I mean :slight_smile:

.upfront #uwidget-object-1439880889365-1273{
    padding-top:0px;
    padding-bottom:0px;
    }

Side issue: I would like to sticky my main menu just under the slider and float it once the slider reaches the top of the page. So that the slider is always stuck at the top of the page, unless it the user scrolls back up to the top of the home page, at which point it sticks to the bottom of the slider region.

I don’t see it’s possible to always have slider on the top, because it has 100% height and your content won’t show up if you put the slider always on the top :slight_smile: Please advise :slight_smile:

Let ask this question once more so that the community can understand the magnitude of this and to leave some spider food that the rest of the world may pick up on this: So you’re going to log into my website – remotely – to provide remote assistance?

Yes, we can remotely access your website, but for analyzing and testing purpose, we usually only check your settings and then provide you suggestion what change should be made :slight_smile: So all change usually made by yourself :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have further question :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.