How to specify different File Exclusions for Managed Backup and Snapshots

Hi,
is it possible to specify different different File Exclusions for Managed Backup and Snapshots?

I have in Settings > Global File Exclusions folder "media".
Because I don't want to backup folder "media" to WPMU DEV cloud storage. It is about 1-2 GB of images - in the future maybe 10 GB etc. It would be storage capacity and my website performance killer.
But I want to backup folder media via Snapshots (no regularly, download the .zip file).

Thanks,
Jiri

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jiri,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Managed Backup is always a "full backup" and it can't be customized. The "global exclusions" there are meant for files that should not be included in backup in any way, for example - for archives of other backup tools, for some 3rd-party files that you just store on a server but they don't belong to the site and you don't want to backup them.

Snapshots can be customized separately but yes, the global exclusions will also apply. I'm afraid there's currently no way to exclude files only from Managed Backups while keeping them included in Snapshots.

I have asked our developers about it so they'd consider adding such feature in future. At this point I'd rather not make promises yet but they will also look for a possible workaround so please keep an eye on this ticket and we'll update it if/when we get any additional information from them.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.