How to specify just one particular service using the [app_services] short code?

Hi,

The [app_services] short code creates a drop-down menu of available services. However, if I only want to display just one of the services, could it be done with the [app_services] short code? If yes, what argument should I use?

We need it to be done this way because we are offering one service for two different languages so had to create two services in two languages. However, don't need both services to be shown in the same drop-down menu because they are identical services, only in different languages.

Thank you,

• aristath
    • Recruit

@Yukan
    The [app_services] shortcode displays a dropdown of the available services.
    If you simply want to display 1 service, then why put it in a dropdown? Having a dropdown with just 1 option is like having no dropdown at all!
    If this is what you want to do, I would advise you not to use the shortcode at all.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Yukan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ari,

As I explained, I had to create two services because we have two languages running on the site. So let's say we have English and Spanish version of the same service, that would result in creation of two services, service written in English and service written in Spanish . But in reality we would only want to display the English version of service for US customers and the Spanish version to those who only understand Spanish.

Hope this clarifies my question.

Thank you,

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @aristath - I hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi Yukan,

You could consider creating two Appointment pages and then add the following parameters to the [app_service_providers] shortcode in each Appointment page.

e.g. If the ID of Service1 (English) is '1' and for Service2 (Spanish) is '2'

Then for Appointment page1 - English

[app_service_providers service="1"]

And for Appointment page2 - Spanish

[app_service_providers service="2"]

This will then allow a user to click the relevant Appointment page and it will automatically show the schedule for the single Service.

Please Note: You can only have one Service per Appointment page if you use this parameter.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Yukan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Steve,

I tried to use "[app_service_providers service="1"]" and "[app_service_providers service="2"]" on two different appointment pages. However, I forgot to mention that I used both [app_service] and [app_service_providers] shortcodes before to show both services and service providers on the page. Now the [app_service_providers service="1"] shortcode gives me the same selection as [app_service_providers].

Is there a way to have both Services and Service Providers as options/choices on the same page? with [app_service_providers service="1"] only, I am not able to choose Services anymore.

In addition, having both [app_service_providers service="1"] and [app_service_providers] on the same page gave me this warning message after I saved the changes.

" [Appointments+] More than one instance of services, service providers, confirmation, Paypal or login shortcodes on the same page may cause problems."

Thank you,

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Yukan

Unfortunately you can only specify one Service or one Specific Service Provider on an appointment page using the shortcode parameters and you cannot use the same shortcode more than once.

The only option I can suggest is to create a 'Book-Service' page with a button for each Service Provider so when the button is clicked it automatically pre-selects the Service and Service Provider and then automatically navigates to the appointment page and displays the correct schedule.

You would then be able to select a date/time and book the appointment.

You would then have to 'hide' the 'Services' and 'Service Provider' field on the appointment page and have a link back to the 'Book-Now' page if they wanted to make a second appointment.

We do something similar to this for one of our clients.
    We also added some bespoke code that automatically creates new buttons if a new Service or Service Provider is created in the A+ backend.

Hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there!
    As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Yukan

Unfortunately it does involve quite a lot of custom code and design work to achieve the desired results but if you would would like us to complete the work you could post on the wpmu jobs site: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

To confirm you can hide the 'show available time' by adding parameters to the code such as:

[app_services autorefresh="1"]
    [app_service_providers autorefresh="1"]

This will hide the button and automatically refresh the page when you select a Service/Service Provider.

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.