How to supress USER and change Theme

Hi Support-Team,

when the directory is displayed it shows also the user and obviously takes the standard post theme,

1. How do we suppress the USER from displaying?
2. How do we change the theme to a page with only widget area?

Please help.
Thanks
Prinz

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Prinz,

I hope you are well today.

1. How do we suppress the USER from displaying?

Do you mean the user name displayed on the directory listing page as "Posted on January ... by username" ?

2. How do we change the theme to a page with only widget area?

I am not sure i understood your this question properly so please describe it a bit more in detail.

I have requested you on your many previous threads to share the directory listing page URL from your site so that i can provide you the solution. Please share the URL.

Also when you share the screenshot then it would be helpful if you display the arrow pointing to the element you are talking about.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Prinz,

1. Yes I mean CONTACT USER

Do you want to style it differently or hide it?

If you want to style it differently then how do you want it to display?

Please advise.

You can hide that button using the following CSS code.

body.page form#action-form {
    display: none;
    }

2. Yes I wish to suppress "Posted on January ... by username" ?

You can hide that whole line using the following CSS code.

body.page .entry-meta span.author.vcard, .meta-sep, .meta-prep-author, body.page .entry-meta a:nth-child(2) {
    }

To hide only username from that like use the following CSS code.

body.page .entry-meta span.author.vcard {
    }

You can use the above CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme or add it in your site using the following plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Vinod,

it's really a great pleasure dealing with you as you are always respond fast, highly professional also you pass over needed steps in a way I (a beginner) can follow. Thanks for that.

Regards of modifying the template and getting rid of USER information, this worked out partially only. Please view attached new screen shoot (taken from directories.best... sub domain) you'll see there is a leftover from 'RATING' and scrolled down the USER information.

Also, the modification as recommended eliminate the widget bar on POST's which is not ok and desireable.

Please would you mind using support access to rectify the style.css code for us.

Big thanks in advance.
    Looking forward to hear from you soon.
    Prinz

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Prinz,

Please view attached new screen shoot (taken from directories.best... sub domain) you'll see there is a leftover from 'RATING' and scrolled down the USER information.

Do you want to also hide the ratings?

You can remove the blank space displayed at left side of this ratings using the following CSS code.

body.page .main-content .entry-meta {
    float: none;
    border-left: 0;
    width: auto;
    }

To remove the USER information displayed at the bottom of the directory listing page, use the following CSS code.

body.page div#entry-author-info {
    }

Also, the modification as recommended eliminate the widget bar on POST's which is not ok and desireable.

Which modification?
    The custom CSS code that i have shared?

It's not causing anything with the post sidebar widget.

You can confirm it by temporary removing all shared custom CSS code.

Please make sure you have added the widgets on the sidebar displayed on the single post page.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.