How to take payments for Events+, Membership Premium, Classifieds and Directory

Hi,

Can someone please clarify whether I need to be running Marketpress to be able to take payments on Events+, Membership Premium, Classifieds and Directory plugins?

My existing sites run Woocommerce for shop sales and I am trying to find out whether I need to change Woo to Marketpress to facilitate the various payment options for the plugins I have listed.

Could someone please clarify this for me before I begin configuring these various plugins and continue adding product with Woocommerce.

Use case examples I want the option available to charge for actions like:

1. A Premium subscription level to the whole site
2. Premium/featured listing in the Directory
3. Listing users own premium Events
4. Listing classified items

So the question is - do i need Marketpress to make use of the premium, options for these plugins and if so do i have to remove Woocommerce from the site.

Many thanks
Chris

• Patrick

Hey there @chris

I hope you had a great weekend!

Nope, you do not need MarketPress to be able to take payments with the other plugins. They each have their own payment systems.

For example, both Directory and Classifieds have credit systems (in addition to subscriptions) enabling your users to purchase credits that they can then use to buy ad space.

But the only one of those you have listed that fully integrates with MatketPress is Events+ which enables you to leverage all the payment gateways in MarketPress and allow your users to add event ticket purchases to their chopping cart on your site just like any other product you may be selling.

However, if you are building a membership site with our Membership plugin, you can grant/restrict access to any site content to specified access levels, even the pages where you have front-end submission forms for the other plugins.

So yes, you can have a premium-only site whereby only users on certain Membership levels can access pages to submit their ads, events, etc.

You may also want to consider a role -editing plugin like User Role Editor to tweak the capabilities of various roles on your site, and assign those roles to different access levels in Membership under the "Advanced" tab when creating/editing your levels.

That could take things to a whole other "level"... silly pun intended. :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.