How to use the details of one page to begin a new message thread via link.

Hi,

I have posted this requirement in a few different forms for other plugins but they all relate to the use of Messaging.

Many of the WPMUDEV plugins have email contact options when people enquire about a custom listing: for example: Directory, Classified and the new Jobs and Experts plugin.

I have enquired on each of these about how it would be possible to change the email contact and to use the Messaging plugin instead to create a new conversation between the two members involved. (The person who listed the directory listing, the classified item or the job respectively.)

In many use-cases the contact form requiring email sharing makes it unusable for privacy reasons.

So I want to find a method using messaging to allow members to communicate via an internal message thread instead of by email contact form.

The potential benefit to these three plugins would be huge compared to the effort to create.

The expected behaviour would involve a new message thread being created between the two members - and the new private message thread would show what it relates to by a simple link.

To make it work my expectation would be that only signed in members can contact via this method. For me this would be a big incentive for user to sign up to my sites.

So the solution I would need comes down to a way to use the details of one page - such as a job, directory listing or classified item - to begin a new message thread.

In most cases it would be:

Author Name > Person to send Message to
Page Title (including page URL) > Subject of Message
Post type (Job, Classified, Directory) > appended to the subject Title

Best wishes
Chris