How to transfer a php file to a development site

Hello there,

I've developed a website on serverpress and for some reason I haven't been able to access it again. I think there were some chrome issues. Fortunately, I did save the file (in the php form) Now I've downloaded another development program (Instant Wordpress) and I can't figure out how to install my files?

Can someone help me with this? thanks,

Maxine

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Maxine,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not quite sure what do you mean by "I did save the file (in the php form)". Did you just use browser to save web page, giving it a .php extension? Or did you copied some .php files from ServerPress install folder? Could you please shed some light on this?

In general, WordPress site is not just a .php file but a lot of them. It's a core WordPress system (that itself includes thousands of different files), all the theme and plugins' files and also a database content.

That said, please explain a bit more how and what did you exactly save and also I think it would be great if you could describe what were the issues with access to the site that you were developing so maybe we could find a way to use it again :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Maxine

Hello Adam,

thanks so much for your quick response. I seem to always get you on the job for me ... thanks!!

So, let me see if I can explain this to you.... I actually saved this website as a folder of many php files (I've attached a copy of it here as a zip file). I hope you are able to open it.
    I created this website in a desktop development program called Desktop Server by Serverpress. Now, a couple of weeks ago I had some issues with this program and I was unable to open it (I think it was a chrome issue). Anyway.... I'm unable to use it now on my desktop... there is an error when I try and open/load it.

So, my question is I guess two fold. 1. is my file intact? 2. can I continue to work on it again perhaps in another program like Desktop Server.?

I sure hope that I haven't lost that website.

thanks,
    Maxine