How to update WPMU Dev plugins

I have several WPMU Dev plugins (Post Indexer is just one of the many) that have updates. When I go to update them, they are not automatic updates like other plugins, it makes me download them. I have not been able to find any support articles or help on what to do from there. How do I update these plugins. Do I just go to plugins-->Add New--> and import them again from there? I don't know where to start. Please help. Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there!

The best and easiest way, would be to install the WPMU DEV dashboard plugin you can find here.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Then you can update with one click, in the traditional WordPress way.

Or if you don't want to update that way, you can update manually through downloading the plugins and manually replacing the files through FTP.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• sixdegrees
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have the dashboard installed already. When I look under plugins it shows the plugins i have as "installed". Updates shows "8" and when I click "updates" it lists those 8, all of which have download update buttons and not update buttons. I click the download update button it takes me to the wpmudev site to download the plugin/update to my computer. Am I doing something wrong? How do I use this dashboard plugin to automatically update like other wordpress plugins?

• Ian
    • The Incredible Code Injector

You possibly haven't linked/joined your website to your WPMU account yet.

Once you have logged in via the backend of your site to WPMU, it will do the one-click updates.

And you will be able to manage the 'Admin Notices' to hide them from other users.

All the best, Ian

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @sixdegrees

thanks for the post.

some of the plugins, like the addons that require post-indexer such as Global post feeds have to be installed/updated manually via FTP.

if you click the usage tab on the projects page for the plugin, it will tell you that it can only be done manually. so example with global-post-feeds is you have to download the plugin, & follow the instructions carefully to manually install it, as it requires FTP & physically placing files in specific places such as wp-content & wp-content/plugins.

hope this helps.

thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.