How to use Appointment+ fields in a WP filter plugin?

I am using FacetWP plugin to filter data. I also want to do that for appointments made in Appointment+ plugin, but the fields seem to be unknown.

How to use the Appointment+ fields by another plugin?

• Jonathan Solorzano
    • Staff

Hi mpress,

Thank you for contacting WPMU Support!

I’ve read some of the documentation found here https://facetwp.com/documentation/ and can see it creates facets to filter content listing. I can see how this comes in handy for users to explore a site and be able to get better results when searching through different post/pages. This could work for the pages created with Appointments+ for your services description or provider biographies. However, to be able to create facets for actual information from appointments made would require some custom coding and might not be completely possible.

Please keep in mind that since this requires custom coding, this could fall outside of the scope that we can provide, so under this scenario, you can opt for using our Partner site where you can hire a developer:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/

Since FacetWP’s goal is to keep users engaged, this approach might be more suitable for “public” information (i.e. products, blog posts, etc) so having this option for users to be able to search among other user’s appointments might be an ideal setup. However, if your end-result is very specific, I can also move your ticket to our Members forum “Web Development & Coding” section where someone there could help you more.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,

Jonathan S

• mpress
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Jonathan,

I was hoping that the fields from Appointment+ could be made available to external plugins like FacetWP, like it has been done for Events+ and CustomPress.

If these fields could be made available, this would avoid the need for custom coding.

Is this not possible in one way or the other?

• Jonathan Solorzano
    • Staff

Hi mpress,

I understand that this would ease the process for you and although Events+ and CustomPress plugins have the fields available to external plugins, these are completely different plugins than Appointments+

Nevertheless, I will reach out to the plugin developers and get a second opinion on if a possible workaround could exist for this situation and get back to you with an update.

Best,

Jonathan S

• mpress
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Jonathan,

Perhaps I don't need these fields in the external filter plugin.

I am reading about shortcodes to list appointments. The thing is, that I can't find these shortcodes.

The documentation refers to Appointments > Settings > Shortcodes, but there is no Shortcodes option present. See attachments.

Can you please point me to the right place?

• Jonathan Solorzano
    • Staff

Hi mpress,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I've reached out to our Plugin Developer and wanted to confirm with you the following:

1) Exact fields that you are looking to use for FaceWP(e.g. fields of workers, services or exactly appointments)

In regards to shortcodes. There is a handy shortcode generator, located above the WordPress text editor in visual mode, that allows you to simply select your requirements for the calendar you wish to display, and then be provided with the exact shortcode to use:

You can also view all of the current shortcodes in this detailed guide: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/appointments-shortcode-reference/

Best,

Jonathan S

• mpress
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for pointing me to this list of shortcodes. Perhaps a good idea to include this in the FAQ of the plugin and/or in the documentation on https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/?

As far as my original request is concerned, I will take a different approach.

The shortcode [app_all_appointments] will help me quite a bit, but what I am missing is the number of participants, what I have covered by using an additional field, and which I obtain through the emails that are sent out to the provider.

It would be ideal if there would be a column with the ID added to the [app_all_appointments] shortcode, from where the details of the appointment can be viewed.

It is just a suggestion. It would help me quite a bit, but I will survive without it.

If this is not feasible (within the near future), then feel free to close this thread.

Thanks for your help.

• Jonathan Solorzano
    • Staff

Hi mpress,

Adding the link to the FAQ is a great suggestion. I've passed it down to our Plugin Developers and will hopefully be added for their upcoming updates/releases.

In the meantime, you can also find the shortcodes link inside the plugin's documentation:

In regards to your other suggestion, what appointment details were you looking to specifically have shown with the shortcode and could you share the possible reasoning or end result as having this information shown(just to get a better idea of your expected outcome).

Best,

Jonathan S

• mpress
    • Code Wrangler

Jonathan,

In addition to my previous response, I now see the reference to the shortcodes in the documentation. That looks alright.

Just I had a look at this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/build-an-amazing-appointments-website/, and there it says "To check out the codes, go to Appointments > Settings > Shortcodes." But there is no Appointments > Settings > Shortcodes…

So perhaps handy to update that part of the documentation as well?

• Jonathan Solorzano
    • Staff

Hi mpress,

Thanks for that information. Your suggestion on making the documentation adjustment is spot on. I will pass this to our product team so that this can be modified.

In regards to the custom field, unfortunately it involves custom code that goes outside the limit of our scope so it will not be possible at this time.

Feel free to reach back out in case you need any additional assistance.

Best,

Jonathan S

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.