how to use Autopost to Facebook to post to page

I love what the facebook plugin is doing, but having trouble figuring out how to Autopost to Facebook.

what does "Allow frontend autoposting to Facebook" mean?

I don't quite understand, "Map WordPress types to Facebook locations" ... I want to auto post to our fb page, but for users, the choices seem to be my dev apps, not my fb profile or fb page admin.

Who is the "me" and how is that me any different than the other choices, which are the dev apps I created ... it's all me ... lol

aecnu

Greetings Diduwin,

Thank you for the great questions.

what does "Allow frontend autoposting to Facebook" mean?

It means what it sounds like that it will post to the front end of your Facebook, the same place where your "friends" posts etc. show up at - that is the front end versus lets say your Facebook page.

Who is the "me" and how is that me any different than the other choices, which are the dev apps I created ... it's all me

That is the point is that it is you not to be confused with anyone else. First it used to be said well why doesn't so and so posts go here or there, and the answer that stopped those inquiries was replacing it with me.

I don't quite understand, "Map WordPress types to Facebook locations" ... I want to auto post to our fb page, but for users, the choices seem to be my dev apps, not my fb profile or fb page admin.

It used to be that others could indeed post to your Facebook page but among many other things Facebook has changed since March 2012, this included, and one must now be an admin of a page to post to a page.

I want to auto post to our fb page and you can by picking the page you want to post to. I personally have four pages, I do not want my Hosting Web Site posts posting on my One Penny World Call Card page so I map to the hosting page.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe