How to use "Batch Create" to add users to main site?

What do I put in the first column of the .xls file in order to have the users added to the main site of our multisite network?

• Lydia
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Your comment helps more than the original documentation did. The "site names" in the documentation were so generic as to be completely useless as a teaching aid.

So if I wanted to both add a user with one role to the main site AND ALSO
      add that same user to a subdomain site with a different role, it would take two different lines, yes?

Given the domain example.com and foo.example.com, the second line would just contain the

foo.example, username, and everything else null?

• Lydia

Also, using the secondary domain as you suggested give the following error:

[debug] - Blog (edventureslab.edventureslab.com) does NOT exist yet

Nor should it exist, actually. But the users are not added to the primary site correctly. How can I get them added to the primary site please?

• Lydia

Your comment helps more than the original documentation did. The "site names" in the documentation were so generic as to be completely useless as a teaching aid.

So if I wanted to both add a user with one role to the main site AND ALSO
    add that same user to a subdomain site with a different role, it would take two different lines, yes?

Given the domain example.com and foo.example.com , the second line would just contain the

foo.example, username, and everything else null?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

You are correct!

That's exactly how you would do it. That first column is the critical one, so if you have one member going to multiple sites, make a new line for each site for that member.

I'll put a bug in the ear of the doc team about that how-to guide, I had to read it a couple of times myself. : )

Have a great weekend!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.